Salmon closures

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
riverhunter
Commander

Salmon closures

Post by riverhunter » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:16 am

With all the salmon closures and winter steelhead just around the corner looking for something to pass some time so I wanted to try my luck in lakes where I can put in my inflatable Target species mainly trout but open minded to anything. Not a big fan on stocker trout and I know where to look for those. Will mainly be doing C&R and I'm looking for a bit of solitude where the fishing is decent enough to keep me interested. Preferably snohomish county! No secret locations if you don't want to disclose.

spokey9
Captain

Re: Salmon closures

Post by spokey9 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:04 am

lake stevens can be pretty good fot trout this time of year. the dept does fingerling plants here and not a lot of people target them. these fish eat well and are fiesty on the hook.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Goodwin is decent this time of year as well. No more pleasure boats out on the water now, and usually good numbers of hold over fish because the lake gets almost no fishing pressure once the temps warm up.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am

Thanks a lot guys for the info. Will have to give those lakes a try. Normally I don't keep trout unless I know the lake I catch them from they cut dark pink or red, then they head to the smoker. Do you guys know how those lakes trout cut!

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 am

lake stevens trout cut pretty good. since they're planted as smolts keeper size fish have grown up in the lake. the meat color can vary a bit, but it's always been firm & tasty. stevens is one of the very few lakes i eat trout from. i'm very picky about trout too.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 pm

This time of year the trout I've got from Goodwin really vary. 11-13 in will be pretty pale. The 14+ inch will be trending more towards the pink side as they have had more time on natural forage. With the weather over the summer though all bets are off.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:01 am

Martha lake wb browns. They cut like chrome bight steelhead. Troll rapalas, plunk inflated worm or strip streamers (leeches) near shore.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Post by Goldrigger1 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:08 am

The walleye feed heavily before winter. One of the best times. You can find this near the dams or pools below the dam on the East side. Then there is Potholes which is warmer water.