Mason Lake Fish other than bass and trout

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dustyfisher007
Petty Officer

Mason Lake Fish other than bass and trout

Post by dustyfisher007 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 am

I'm going to be up at my dad's place during the upcoming weekend on Mason Lake. I'm looking for info on other species other than trout and bass. I'm looking at just throwing something in from the dock.I've heard rumors of bullhead. any tips or advice for this lake would be awesome.

Thanks

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Re: Mason Lake Fish other than bass and trout

Post by cobrar543 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:15 pm

I used to have a place on the east end of the lake years ago. I used Night Crawlers on the bottom and caught quite a few good sized cats there

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:57 pm

saw a pic of a kokanee on a facebook group from there. rainbow, cutthroat and bass are all i've gotten there fishing off my cousins dock. no fishing allowed from his fancy ski boat and i haven't taken mine down there.

angry john
Petty Officer

Post by angry john » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:16 pm

obryan214 wrote:saw a pic of a kokanee on a facebook group from there. rainbow, cutthroat and bass are all i've gotten there fishing off my cousins dock. no fishing allowed from his fancy ski boat and i haven't taken mine down there.
I caught a kok on a spy bait but only one so they are there.

dustyfisher007
Petty Officer

Post by dustyfisher007 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am

I guess now that I think about it I've caught yellow perch and a rock bass here. I don't have a boat for fishing so I'm stuck on the dock. It's real sandy and not a lot of cover in this area. So far no luck getting bullhead.