Lucky catch

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Lucky catch

Post by troutfinatic » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Last week while trout fishing I see 2 ladies fishing by themselves, don't see that very often. [woot] These gals are about 75 yards from the boat launch and I hear a scream. [huh] I look over and this lady telling her friend she had a bite and it took her new pole. [omg] So I'm thinking how big was this fish. :-k Went to the same lake today and caught her pole. [thumbup]
So after untangling the lines I reel in her pole with the fish still on. =P~ Fish was dead, bloated, smelly. :-& So I'm guessing the bloated fish was floating high up in the water allowing me to catch it. New pole gotta love that. [rolleyes]

fishinChristian
Commander

Re: Lucky catch

Post by fishinChristian » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

And the fish was...?

troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Post by troutfinatic » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:21 am

Just a stocker trout.

ptfletcher
Petty Officer

Post by ptfletcher » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:22 pm

I hope see you the ladies again and get a chance to return the pole to the one who lost it. And maybe a chance to give some advice on her pole handling technique.

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

ptfletcher wrote:I hope see you the ladies again and get a chance to return the pole to the one who lost it. And maybe a chance to give some advice on her pole handling technique.

+1 :cheers:
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Well, that devolved quickly...

ptfletcher
Petty Officer

Post by ptfletcher » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 am

fishinChristian wrote:Well, that devolved quickly...
Please don't think I was slighting troutfinatic in the least (love the handle, by the way). Finders keepers. I have kept and used found gear without any qualms. This gear can be considered lost or abandoned. As such, I concede that it is his to do with as he pleases.

When I made my comment, I was thinking about the lady, not troutfinatic. Maybe she has limited income, and can't readily afford to replace it. Perhaps she will be discouraged from fishing. I thought how great it would be if a fellow member of this site had the opportunity to connect with a fellow fishing enthusiast, provide encouragement, share some know-how, maybe suggest she join this site to learn more. I know there are members of this site who would gladly gift a replacement to her. I would. But I certainly don't think any less of anyone who thinks otherwise.

My apologies to troutfinatic if he finds my comment offensive.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 am

Kidding... I was kidding about the innuendo from ptfletcher. I believe in free speech, so even if I found a comment offensive, which I didn't, I would applaud someone making it! Lord Bless!

ptfletcher
Petty Officer

Post by ptfletcher » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:34 pm

fishinChristian wrote:Kidding... I was kidding about the innuendo from ptfletcher. I believe in free speech, so even if I found a comment offensive, which I didn't, I would applaud someone making it! Lord Bless!
LOL! OK! Since I haven't met you face-to-face, I missed the tenor or your comment. Tight lines to all!

troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Post by troutfinatic » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:42 pm

If I saw those ladies again fishing, I would give her fishing pole back. Hope to see them again, but seeing 2 ladies fishing in
a boat that don't own a house on the lake is very rare. :silent: I think they lived close by, because she went and got another
pole and still fished that day. [thumbsup] Unfortunately I didn't see the lady close up, so I have no ideal what she looks like.
But if I see two ladies in a boat again fishing I will ask them if they lost a pole. Odds of that occurring, I would rather bet on the lottery. [laugh] I fish for trout about 45 times a year for over 20 years, this is the first time I saw two ladies actually launch a boat and fish. The only other time I seen a lady fishing out in the lake was in a float tube. You occasionally see
them on shore fishing, but out in a lake, who don't own a house on the lake is like seeing a horse win the triple crown.
Could explain why women don't understand why we fish, and how we can stay out there so long. I use to stay out there in
my 10 ft boat for 5 hours. :-" My age doesn't allow this anymore. [crying] I just like being on the water, it's like meditation for me. [cool] My wife wants me to stop fishing in one hour if I take her. #-o