Kitsap Peninsula Bass Fishing........who's done it?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Kitsap Peninsula Bass Fishing........who's done it?

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Wed May 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Just curious if there are any local bass fishing folks on here that fish the Kitsap Peninsula/live in that area? I have a bass boat, grew up on the peninsula, and looking to talk with other folks who know the lakes well for bass fishing opportunities (Long, Kitsap, Wildcat, etc) just to name a few.

schu7498
Commander

Re: Kitsap Peninsula Bass Fishing........who's done it?

Post by schu7498 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Square lake is an awesome bass lake. Long lake you will have to get out there early before the skiers. Once they start the bite turns off. Wye lake has been poisoned many times to kill the bass, but they do persist. Bay lake might be good, fish it before the weeds take over. Ive heard of bass in tiger lake, and i knew a guy that caught a muskie in there too. Ive fished cresent lake for bass but never did do any good. I grew up fishing kitsap, its not the greatest for bass. My best fish came from tucked out of the way beaver ponds.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Thu May 15, 2014 7:00 am

Pm sent
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Thu May 15, 2014 8:21 pm

BassDood wrote:Pm sent
Got it! Thanx

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 pm

I've done it.....a little...
Hit me up S_R_T.
Kitsap native, and bassaholic.

Here is a couple of pics to get you jacked about bass fishing around here.

Long Lake Football

Tee Lake

Panther Lake

Kitsap Lake

Anyone else from Kitsap County sound off. It would be nice to know how many of us are around here.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:56 am

Fishinislife, long time no hear!
The expert on the Kitsap area is Bob Johansen. Do a search of reports under his name.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:39 am

Hey Mike. Good to see your doing well. Been watching videos and keeping up with you guys a little. Haven't had the time to get out much or make posts the last couple years....but I'm back. Looking forward to catching up, getting some fun things going around here, and going to a WL.com event some time.

Bob is the man when it comes to the waters around the Kitsap Peninsula. Even the fish know his name.

fishnislife

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Good to see you posting again, bro! And yes, Bob is The Man!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:16 pm

i fish a couple of the smaller lakes. never caught anything like the ones in the pics above out of Crescent or Horseshoe but I hear they are in there. seen pics on this site of some. I'm targeting trout though and probably only intrest the younger ones with my spoons and spinners.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:34 pm

BassDood wrote:Good to see you posting again, bro!
Glad to be posting again. I can't wait to start putting up some good numbers again and getting that "wow" factor back. I have some crazy cool stuff in the pipeline right now and I can't wait to show the public.
We need to get out again my friend. I trashed the tube so I'm not floating right now. Soon though.

fishnislife

ShipwreckedDude
Petty Officer

Post by ShipwreckedDude » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 am

I used to do pretty good at long lake and the nighttime bite on Kitsap can be very productive run top water lures like poppers and buzzbaits. If you ever need any company I'm available ANY day of the week or weekends although weekends are a little crowded on some of them. I can and will pitch in for snacks and gas.

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Anyone know for sure what the speed limits & motor restrictions are on Wildcat and Panther Lakes?

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Spiny_Ray_Tracker wrote:Anyone know for sure what the speed limits & motor restrictions are on Wildcat and Panther Lakes?
wildcat has a 7mph limit. never fished panther so not sure.

angry john
Petty Officer

Post by angry john » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I currently live in the area and fish all the lakes mentioned. I have not had a bunch of quality on any of the lakes on the peninsula. I have had a one fish day several times while on the bass hunt with a 3lb 14oz the largest of the bass since i have lived here. I hear stories all the time about 6lb bass people take home and eat. Seems to be a lot of that here. Dont know if i found a good lake that i would list it on the net as it would likely be cleaned out in short order. The most bass i have caught in one day was 7 off crescent and they were all about a pound.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Fished Panther twice, biggest was around 6 lbs, but not any big numbers, usually about a dozen a day.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:29 pm

*BUMP*

Post up or join the WL.com family if your in the area and bass fish. This Includes you Mason County folks too.
Interested in finding some local guys to fish with and talk local bass lakes around the area this coming year.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 am

angry john wrote:I currently live in the area and fish all the lakes mentioned. I have not had a bunch of quality on any of the lakes on the peninsula. I have had a one fish day several times while on the bass hunt with a 3lb 14oz the largest of the bass since i have lived here. I hear stories all the time about 6lb bass people take home and eat. Seems to be a lot of that here. Dont know if i found a good lake that i would list it on the net as it would likely be cleaned out in short order. The most bass i have caught in one day was 7 off crescent and they were all about a pound.
crescent is another of those lakes with 6lb and larger bass rumored to dwell in it. this is my go to lake, probably have my boat there more then anyone else and never seen anything big (other then trout and coho). about a pound seems right, get those trolling sometimes.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks for all the kind words folks but I think that Bass Dood and Fishingislife are both better bass anglers than I am. I have had some great days on most of the bass lakes in Kitsap and Mason Counties. A 7-10 from Kitsap Lake tops the list in Kitsap County followed by a 7-0 from Horseshoe. I have also caught bass from 10 other Kitsap County Lakes. In Mason County my best bass was a 5-15 from Tee Lake followed by 5-13 from Wooten and a 5-5 from Haven. I have caught bass from a total of 21 Mason County Lakes. Before moving to Kitsap County 18 years ago, I did lots of bass fishing in King County where I caught bass from 61 different Lakes. The best bass from King County was a 6-8 from Klaus Lake followed by a 6-4 from Tradition Lake. When I was younger I had an insatiable appetite for exploring new bass lakes and added more than 275 lakes to my successfully fished lakes and a few more to my skunked list.
I have enjoyed this fishing web site since it started and have had the privilege of fishing with a few members of this site and it's guru Mike Carey. Oh yes -- Mike is a skilled angler of many species and is no slouch as a bass angler either.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:25 am

schu7498 wrote:Square lake is an awesome bass lake. Long lake you will have to get out there early before the skiers. Once they start the bite turns off. Wye lake has been poisoned many times to kill the bass, but they do persist. Bay lake might be good, fish it before the weeds take over. Ive heard of bass in tiger lake, and i knew a guy that caught a muskie in there too. Ive fished cresent lake for bass but never did do any good. I grew up fishing kitsap, its not the greatest for bass. My best fish came from tucked out of the way beaver ponds.
Square Lake gets very weedy to a point where it is almost impossible to use an electric motor during spring and summer. I have had some success fishing it from a canoe and just using paddles. Tiger lake may have bass but I have fished it a few times and have never had a strike or even seen a small bass along the shoreline during spawning season. Tiger and Mission Lakes are 2 lakes in Kitsap County where I have failed to catch a bass.
:scratch:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks Bob, I just cast where I'm told, lol. :)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".