trout lake Friday 10/31 suggestions (king/sno county)

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
whorde
Petty Officer

trout lake Friday 10/31 suggestions (king/sno county)

Post by whorde » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 pm

So it looks like I might be forced to take an unpaid day off on Friday. Which happens to be 10/31, the final fishing day for quite a few lakes. Like Bosworth for instance.

So if it happens, I could just go demolish Bosworth again. But mostly what you get there is ugly, infested rainbows, with a few clean rainbows and the occasional small kokanee thrown in. I already know that lake. I'd like to fish somewhere either that has kokanee bigger than 10 inches, or has cutthroat, or browns / brooks / something else exotic. And I have a rubber raft, so huge lakes like Lake Stevens are not really safe. Realistically, that means a cutthroat lake I'm thinking. And I'd prefer one that is closed after Friday.

Anyone have any suggestions? I see Cottage Lake over in Woodinville might be good, and is closed after Friday. Looks like about a 30 minute drive, and according to last post has cutts and pretty decent fishing. Any other good suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: trout lake Friday 10/31 suggestions (king/sno county)

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Rattlesnake was another Steelhead planted lake. I believe they changed regs to allow catch and keep, you'd have to check to confirm. No bait!!! No gas motors!!!!

Beautiful place to fish.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

whorde
Petty Officer

Post by whorde » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm trying to stay away from planters. At least for for a month or so, to give them time to be edible. You're right, Rattlesnake was planted.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 am

Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Heatherlyfish
Angler

Post by Heatherlyfish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 pm

I am the person who posted all those reports about Cottage lake. I go because it is a close lake and consistently good fishing Except when the weather is really bad. I actually went this evening. I saw fish feed and jumping.. mostly taking stuff off the surface. But some people in a boat using flies caught nothing. I caught one on worm and bobber.. small cuttthroat. Another guy caught one on power bait. and another guy caught two catfish.
I stick with worms because these fish are stocking up for the winter and so seem to hit bait better. I have caught the most fish between 8am and 1pm. Weather does seem to play a part as long as it is not stormy or super windy on Friday there is a chance they will be biting. If you have a way to be out on the water that might increase chances I often see em feeding 20 yards out or more but just out of most casting reach. They tend to school around so some still make it in close near the dock. That is why I have had success even off the dock mostly near the far end away from the picnic table. The feeding are generally short but often very successful. I have even caught some rainbow holdovers I think but most of em are cutthroat or hybrid. I like their flavor but it is a little stronger than trout. Best of luck out there.
I agree about the freshly planted fish.. not the best flavor.
There is also this one I have not tried but might be worth it http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/67/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It is called Temple pond but it is a good hike to it and may require waders. I have not made it there due to the walking part but I plan to.

whorde
Petty Officer

Post by whorde » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks for info Heatherly.

If you're willing to hike you just let me know and we'll hit that pond. Google maps is telling me it's about 2/3 mile walk from 176th to the south, presuming there's a place to park. I may call the quarry, see if they'd allow access on the weekend as if they would we could almost drive to the edge of the pond.