Fall Trout

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Fall Trout

Post by troutfinatic » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:01 pm

I sure love this time of the year for trout fishing. :cheers:
Big fish and no one on the water but me. [woot]
I usually don't fish the weekends, that can explain the lack of people. :-k
So many people fish the begining of the year, and don't come back for the fall. [omg]
I guess people prefer the salmon fishing.
I don't like crowds, so I'll take a lake void of people, with fish 12-19" over a salmon any day. :-$
The fish seem more active this fall than last year, thanks to some cold weather. [biggrin]
15 more days left for some of the better lakes, better get out there. HINT [thumbup]
:nemo:

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Fall Trout

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Troutfanatic, I concur totally! Don't know what your options are, but you should totally look into trolling Lake WA. and lake Sammamish, for cutthroat over the winter months. It is a great fishery, and yes, there are some that do it, but basically imagine cold crisp days, flat AM water, nobody at the launch, and no water skiers or yahoos on the water.
My favorite time of year to fish. I am so spoiled. I get all frustrated if there are more than three trailers at the launch.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:56 am

i was getting the itching to hit goss lakefor some late trout, i am thinking a sunday morning trip might be inline this week.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:28 am

I've been the only one on the local lake I fish for months. October is the second best month on that lake also, I think.

Ball_Gawd
Petty Officer

Post by Ball_Gawd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 am

I grew up in the Kitsap/Mason area & just started fishing early this summer (I'm 46 y/o), so naturally the fishing was up and down. I hit Wildcat Lake last weekend and I had never seen a lake so active. I was a beautiful crisp fall day, fish jumping, eagles hunting & tight lines most of the day! I do love my new hobby!
WET HOOKS & TIGHT LINES
Ball_Gawd

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 am

Ball_Gawd wrote:I grew up in the Kitsap/Mason area & just started fishing early this summer (I'm 46 y/o), so naturally the fishing was up and down. I hit Wildcat Lake last weekend and I had never seen a lake so active. I was a beautiful crisp fall day, fish jumping, eagles hunting & tight lines most of the day! I do love my new hobby!
Welcome to the addiction, enjoy! [thumbup] This website will slow way down in regards to the forum over the winter. But stick around, there is winter fishing out there, as well as it will light up big time come Spring (the forum)

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Gee, what do you mean 15 days? My favorite trout lake shares the same attributes, few anglers, no fun boaters, best fishing of the year, and a big bonus, open YEAR ROUND. [flapper]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Ball_Gawd
Petty Officer

Post by Ball_Gawd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 am

Well, I've made it out to Kitsap Lake three times in the last two weeks. The trout have been pretty cooperative. I've caught them trolling with Hot Shots & wedding rings with worms behind a Cowbell and from the bottom with Gulp eggs. I'm learning alot about trolling though "practice", videos, forums, tv, and talking with friends. I'm learning that there is ALOT to learn with this new sport I've grown addicted to. The most immediate lesson I see is that I have to learn is the art of setting my hook when using the wedding ring. The trout are having slightly more success than I am. I'm getting there though. There is just as much fun in learning and experimenting as there is in catching.
WET HOOKS & TIGHT LINES
Ball_Gawd

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 am

Ball_Gawd wrote:Well, I've made it out to Kitsap Lake three times in the last two weeks. The trout have been pretty cooperative. I've caught them trolling with Hot Shots & wedding rings with worms behind a Cowbell and from the bottom with Gulp eggs. I'm learning alot about trolling though "practice", videos, forums, tv, and talking with friends. I'm learning that there is ALOT to learn with this new sport I've grown addicted to. The most immediate lesson I see is that I have to learn is the art of setting my hook when using the wedding ring. The trout are having slightly more success than I am. I'm getting there though. There is just as much fun in learning and experimenting as there is in catching.
Change out the hooks on your wedding rings and you'll see a lot more hookups... or just get the net sharpener out.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

CoyoteCrazy
Petty Officer

Post by CoyoteCrazy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:28 am

My trip last monday was my 1 year anniversary with my boat and as fulltime captain. I have fished for years in my buddy's boat when I lived in Oregon city but since our move I have had to learn all those things I took for granted. It has been a great year and had many more successful days than not. I have found it to be a lot more rewarding to hand off the rod to others than reel then in myself, especially my 3 yr old and wife. A lot of those successful days are thanks to you guys posting your tips, tricks, and ideas. So since it is that time of year, Thank you WA lakers.