October 5th 2013 Snohomish/Skykomish riverside clean up

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: October 5th 2013 Snohomish/Skykomish riverside clean up

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 am

oneshot wrote:I'll try and be there before 7 to meet ya Mike..

not sure chongo is bringing his boat still.. and getting my boat out of my garage right now that i have multiple trailers back home is a cuss word or two.. might just hop on with you and gringo.. plus i know where the coho are!! :-"
I think you should anyway since you'll be doing the documentation. We'll want to coordinate when we determine where people are heading off too so we can ferry you around for filming.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 am

oneshot wrote:i know where the coho are!! :-"
Navigator? I got a seat for ya Oneshot!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:46 am

Mike Carey wrote:I will be there around 6-6:30 to meet Gringo Pescador. I plan to park down in the park area, and will put a WL.com sign on my truck windshield. People can park in the park area, or, on 1st Street, which is just a short block away from the park. We'll meet and pass out garbage bags and disperse, and then meet up at noon for a potluck at the park and to take care of the trash bags.

I'm not sure how many people are bringing boats. The tides will be good to launch at Cady Park. We can have people find boats to share, or drive to shore spots.

My thought is for people to go out in small groups to some of the heavy use areas. Like the area off of Lowell-Snohomish Rd/82 Ave SE. Or the train bridge just outside of town, or down Shorts Road to the Thomas Eddy area.
Snohomish.jpg
cady-park.jpg
Lowell-Snohomish.gif
railroad-area.jpg
Thomas-Eddy.jpg

is there a boat count, should I bring mine?

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:03 am

if you bring it.. i will ride it
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:24 pm

No boat count. I'm sure our shore bound members would be very happy to find open seats. This day is meant to both fishing and clean-up.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm

with the way the water is coming down, I should have my boat there.... Prop boat so will be staying on lower river but If Oneshot needs to be other places, I can fit 1 guy in my boat to pull plugs... I don't have a lot of extra gear but if you bring your own gear and plugs, we can scout for garbage and fish below.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Weather is looking good.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 pm

So I wasn't sure on if my 12 yr old daughter would be making it this trip, but her mom says she made the commitment so she is going.... How many of you will have kids there helping with the clean up? I could still have 1 more person aboard my boat if someone needed a space..... I will try to have a thermos of Hot chocolate, but cant guarantee she wont drink it all on the boat... :)

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:27 pm

hmmm, so how many boaters do we have?

Gringo Pescador

chongo469

strider43 ?

Anyone else?

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Post by FinChaserNW » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:00 pm

It sounds like we've got the Snoho covered but is anyone going to be up on the Sky? I was planning to hit up higher up(Sultan - Ben Howard, Lewis - Tualco, etc.) because there are some heavily fished and trashed out areas up there. But there is no way I can hit a section on my drift boat and make it back to Cady by noon. I may have to take pictures of our efforts higher up and send them to Oneshot or Mike for the scrap book. My other option is to leave the boat at home and walk the prison hole area. Probably plenty of trash in that area too.

Scott

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Well fishing is uhh.... on FIRE!!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 pm

FinChaserNW wrote:It sounds like we've got the Snoho covered but is anyone going to be up on the Sky? I was planning to hit up higher up(Sultan - Ben Howard, Lewis - Tualco, etc.) because there are some heavily fished and trashed out areas up there. But there is no way I can hit a section on my drift boat and make it back to Cady by noon. I may have to take pictures of our efforts higher up and send them to Oneshot or Mike for the scrap book. My other option is to leave the boat at home and walk the prison hole area. Probably plenty of trash in that area too.

Scott
You could definitely do that. This is a very flexible day and if that works better for you more power to you. If you do swing by Cady around 6:15 look for me and I'll give you some freebies since you won't be back for the noon pot luck.

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:16 pm

I'll try and make it out there! Need to find one of them long stick things i seen cleaning types use to pick up trash...

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
oneshot wrote:i know where the coho are!! :-"
Navigator? I got a seat for ya Oneshot!
yes, be best to ride or at least start out with you guys, tides are favorable for heading up early and down late.. I also may just hand one of my cams off to a friend in another boat too for multiples.

Also I'm bringing a friend who is die hard on helping clean up above all else and needs a ride, chongo? he take my seat?

Gringo, i ping ya offline.. well, offline from this online phone and internet chat and discussion type meeting [razz]

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 am

I'll take a seat with someone if there's one available, if not, no biggie. My 8 month pregnant wife and 2 year old just bailed on me, so I'll be showing up solo.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 pm

I am missing a life jacket so if I could borrow 1 adult size tomorrow , I can take 1 more on my boat besides my daughter and myself.... I will give it back at 12 noon at potluck...

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I have my own life jacket if that works

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Oh nvm, didn't see oneshots post

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Mordalphus wrote:Oh nvm, didn't see oneshots post
Still may work out in the A.M.... Not sure who's riding with who so bring the PFD just in case you get a spot on my boat or someone else's ...

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 pm

chongo469 wrote:So I wasn't sure on if my 12 yr old daughter would be making it this trip, but her mom says she made the commitment so she is going.... How many of you will have kids there helping with the clean up? I could still have 1 more person aboard my boat if someone needed a space..... I will try to have a thermos of Hot chocolate, but cant guarantee she wont drink it all on the boat... :)
My wife and daughter (4yo) are coming later for the picnic, but not for the cleanup.
I have 5 life jackets in my boat - if I have less than that in my boat I can loan you one.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker