Season for lower Puyallup?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mizm05
Commander

Season for lower Puyallup?

Post by mizm05 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 am

My buddy and I are debating. The way he reads the emergency rule update for the lower river is that it's closed for good again at the end of September, unless they post something to extend it. The way I read the rules, is the emergency update was just giving the special netting schedule for the month of September, and then it's open all month long again starting in October.

Anybody know for sure? Is the lower river closed again as of the end of this month?

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Re: Season for lower Puyallup?

Post by Jerry H » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:53 pm

The reg book states season tbd for the lower river. If they do not put out an additional emergency rule the lower river is done for sport fishing on 9/28.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:40 pm

here is what was stated in the news release from July:

"Pattillo said the sport fishing timetable in August and September is consistent with the tribe’s proposal, however, further work is necessary to complete the fishing schedule for October through December"

ChelleDean08
Petty Officer

Post by ChelleDean08 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Don't know if this helps or if you've seen it already... http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/em ... 20-038.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~*~ Fail to plan, Plan to fail ~*~ Fishing is an addiction... yet a healthy Zen for the heart, mind, and soul ~*~

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks! Only closed for 10 days next month. Not as bad as September. Bring on the Silvers!

ChelleDean08
Petty Officer

Post by ChelleDean08 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Right! I'm thinking the same thing lol hopefully we will be able to cross paths sometime in the near future since each time we have tried it's been hit or miss!
~*~ Fail to plan, Plan to fail ~*~ Fishing is an addiction... yet a healthy Zen for the heart, mind, and soul ~*~

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

gonna kill me some more silver meat!!!!

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Post by chrome_chasin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 am

yes but lets not forget that like the last few years,the tribe will most likely still net during our open days. The river will be open to us but we will still need to fish between a ton of nets.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

That's not how I understand it. My understanding is they can only net on the days the river is closed. The emergency rule update says they worked it out this way to avoid conflicts between sport fishermen and tribal netters.

gonnahookit
Lieutenant

Post by gonnahookit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:22 pm

And the way I am reading it is that upstream from Freeman Rd. is open 7 days a week.