September - Green or Carbon?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mizm05
Commander

September - Green or Carbon?

Post by mizm05 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

So with the lower section of the Puyallup closed 14 days out of the month of September, I figure I will be trying the Green or Carbon on some of those days.

So for the Green, I work very close to the section that's about to open this Sunday. I work on S 212th St in Kent. I just went and did some scouting on lunch in this general area...and didn't see a single fish in this section of river. And the water is clear. I can see logs on the bottom, so I would be able to see fish if they were swimming through there. It's not a wide river and also pretty shallow in this section...so my question. Are they still up by Seattle? When do they normally run through Kent? It can't be very long until they storm through here...

Question for the Carbon is along the same lines...are the fish that far up yet? It also opens this Sunday, but I'm not sure there will be many fish there yet. When do they normally start showing up in that area?

I can't go without fishing on the days that the lower section is closed...ok, so I'm addicted...I have it under control....I can stop any time I want....No I won't agree to treatment

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: September - Green or Carbon?

Post by Toni » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Carbon will have fish and lots of people going for them.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Post by c_saeteurn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 pm

carbon 4 coho limit
Last edited by c_saeteurn on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 pm

This rain were getting will help the fish move into the Green. They are hanging out turning darker in the estuary waters.Rain will send the fish up. The rain wee got was okay but we really need alot more. The ground is barely wet and its been so dry that very lil runoff hits the river. Once we get a good rain the Green will light up.I love the 196th to Meeker street area. Im usually on the Frager road side.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Rac, you must know some trails that I didn't see. I was on Russel Rd looking across to Fraeger and it was just a very steep bank on both sides covered in blackberry bushes. There is one park that I know of that has a walkway right down to the water. That's one of the spots I scouted today. I could see through the water clearly and stayed out there for a good 10 minutes to see if any fish would come through. Not a single one did.

I really hope they come up through here soon. With the Puyallup being closed for half of September, I need some other spots to get my fix...LOL

I refuse to go up to Duwamish...I've heard nothing but bad things about the people who fish there.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

anybody fish the lower Duwi, downstream of the 1st ave bridge, or at the Spokane street bridge? Trying to find out whether the tribe dropped their nets in and so may have choked off the river...

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 am

Not sure about the above question...but I just did another recon mission on my lunch break and am wondering if these fish are just really late coming up the river. The Puyallup is in full swing, and has been for weeks now.

I work on 212th St in Kent, about 2 minutes from the Green...Just scouted the Russel / Frager Rd area from 204th St down through the parks along Russel Rd to about 228th St...no signs of life. Well I take that back, there's a park next to a dog kennel facility on Russel Rd not too far from 212th...heard one fish thrash and break water. Threw a couple casts, and ended up losing that set of gear on some debris under the water.

But all in all...seems dead. No fish rolling, and I can see through the water...don't see anything running through there.

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 pm

mizm05 wrote:Not sure about the above question...but I just did another recon mission on my lunch break and am wondering if these fish are just really late coming up the river. The Puyallup is in full swing, and has been for weeks now.

I work on 212th St in Kent, about 2 minutes from the Green...Just scouted the Russel / Frager Rd area from 204th St down through the parks along Russel Rd to about 228th St...no signs of life. Well I take that back, there's a park next to a dog kennel facility on Russel Rd not too far from 212th...heard one fish thrash and break water. Threw a couple casts, and ended up losing that set of gear on some debris under the water.

But all in all...seems dead. No fish rolling, and I can see through the water...don't see anything running through there.
The nets are killing the action, I think. Really really lame. Makes me want to send an email to WDFW, but I doubt itd make a difference.

So you gotta hope fish make it in on the weekends when the nets are out.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:21 am

Thank goodness the Puyallup is producing.