pinks are coming

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rollin with Rolland
Captain

RE:pinks are coming

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:32 pm

as with everything, things are just BIGGER in the skagit....

My skagit pinks can beat up your puyallup pinks ......:bball: :clown:

nice work eveyone, it's been a good pink season :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Dustin07
Commodore

Re: pinks are coming

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 am

4 years later... go back and read this thread guys. read the july posts, and then the sudden "pinks are here!" August posts...

and start the drumroll.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Dustin07 wrote:4 years later... go back and read this thread guys. read the july posts, and then the sudden "pinks are here!" August posts...

and start the drumroll.
I check my odd year salmon reports and can pretty much know the 3-4 days I want to be sure to hit it.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Im with you there! Im already scouting marinas and possible anchorages to sleep on the boat for a few days from muk-north. Im not much of a salmon snob personally so Im more than happy to catch a 'boatload' of pinks. Cant wait!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Did i hear humpies?

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Post by chrome_chasin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 pm

yupp... Dont know about the salt but you will find me in the Duwamish on the toon tossin dick nites or twitchin jigs. Picking up a new freezer in preparations for the egg collection.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Im in the Duwie doing the same from shore. I start in Lincoln Park and then up the Duwie. I went to Bartells and bought all these pink enamel nail polishes and the clerk stared at me. I told him only on weekends. He stopped stareing. :-"

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:01 pm

chrome_chasin wrote:yupp... Dont know about the salt but you will find me in the Duwamish on the toon tossin dick nites or twitchin jigs. Picking up a new freezer in preparations for the egg collection.
I emailed my wife today to let her know we need to make a 'meat' storage plan. She already pulled out the vacuum pack and has started making room :-" :cheers: :salut: :nemo:

[thumbup]

ShipwreckedDude
Petty Officer

Post by ShipwreckedDude » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Is there some place near Seabeck that you can catch them from shore? I'm still boatless for now.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 pm

I have to add a funny thing about the whole "Pink Migration" There was a thread on here 3-4 years ago, where people were giving detailed information. " Pinks seen at Cape Flattery!" ..... "Pinks have been spotted rolling through the marina at Seiku!"....... "Yes! 4 Pinks spotted making the turn from the straits into N. Puget Sound"

It was like a play by play of exactly the first 13 lead off fish or something. [biggrin]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:05 pm

PINKS! Already? Summer's too short too look forward to the next run of fish. Right now we have kings a steelhead! I'll deal with the pinks when they show up, but I'm not going to wait until August to have a blast fishing!

And the pink nail polish thing: priceless.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

You know the PInk run is in full effect when a local news station does a story on it.

http://youtu.be/buHn1DS0OR8

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 pm

I do love the humpies.. no lie.. my friends and co workers love my smoked salmon.. [thumbsup]
looking fwd to my 1st humpy yr in my own boat and getting my son on to some finally.. he's got about 70 trout under his belt since 2009.. he's ready for a humpy!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 pm

I have friends coming to visit specifically to catch humpies. Four days straight booked in the boat. Looking for a (hopefully) Epic Season. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

ShipwreckedDude wrote:Is there some place near Seabeck that you can catch them from shore? I'm still boatless for now.
Hoodsport hatchery my friend!!! That's where I usually go, but you have to wade out in the water. I might not go out there this year, im just too short and sometimes water gets in my waders lol
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 am

The Quadfather wrote:I have to add a funny thing about the whole "Pink Migration" There was a thread on here 3-4 years ago, where people were giving detailed information. " Pinks seen at Cape Flattery!" ..... "Pinks have been spotted rolling through the marina at Seiku!"....... "Yes! 4 Pinks spotted making the turn from the straits into N. Puget Sound"

It was like a play by play of exactly the first 13 lead off fish or something. [biggrin]
LOL it was great :cheers: everyone was so excited, and going back and reading this thread from july through august in 2009 is hilarious. everyone says "not yet...not yet.... NOW!" lol. the "pink experience" is a PNW gem.
natetreat wrote:PINKS! Already? Summer's too short too look forward to the next run of fish. Right now we have kings a steelhead! I'll deal with the pinks when they show up, but I'm not going to wait until August to have a blast fishing!

And the pink nail polish thing: priceless.
I'm so naive with kings and steel... I've done both but I really look forward to the mid july+ coho, pinks, etc. this time of year for me its everything else.
ShipwreckedDude wrote:Is there some place near Seabeck that you can catch them from shore? I'm still boatless for now.
fish the the reports on this site and really start scouting out your spot, you dont want to miss the circus when it comes :pirat: [scared] [woot] [thumbup]

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Post by chrome_chasin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 am

Dustin07 wrote:
chrome_chasin wrote:yupp... Dont know about the salt but you will find me in the Duwamish on the toon tossin dick nites or twitchin jigs. Picking up a new freezer in preparations for the egg collection.
I emailed my wife today to let her know we need to make a 'meat' storage plan. She already pulled out the vacuum pack and has started making room :-" :cheers: :salut: :nemo:

[thumbup]
This will be my wifes first go at pinks... should be a blast. She thinks it is going to be like a day trolling on the lake. I giggle on the inside when I think about her getting tore up by 40 or 50 fish days [woot] . She doesn't believe me when I say get the stand up freezer, not that little chest freezer. taking the whole family this year and going to put the hurt to some egg wagons.

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Post by chrome_chasin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 am

racfish wrote:Im in the Duwie doing the same from shore. I start in Lincoln Park and then up the Duwie. I went to Bartells and bought all these pink enamel nail polishes and the clerk stared at me. I told him only on weekends. He stopped stareing. :-"
Thats ther is some funny stuff. [thumbsup]

I am starting to tie up a ton of smaller pink jigs with a little chartuese added. Pink fur and feathers all over the place. She only shakes her head.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:34 am

chrome_chasin wrote:
Dustin07 wrote:

[thumbup]
This will be my wifes first go at pinks... should be a blast. She thinks it is going to be like a day trolling on the lake. I giggle on the inside when I think about her getting tore up by 40 or 50 fish days [woot] . She doesn't believe me when I say get the stand up freezer, not that little chest freezer. taking the whole family this year and going to put the hurt to some egg wagons.

oh absolutely, no sunbathing on the deck of the boat while trolling during pink season!

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 am

racfish wrote:Im in the Duwie doing the same from shore. I start in Lincoln Park and then up the Duwie. I went to Bartells and bought all these pink enamel nail polishes and the clerk stared at me. I told him only on weekends. He stopped stareing. :-"
I went through the same thing last week buying neon orange and clear sparkly nail poiish. The female cashier looked at me al wierd and I just smiled.