Angle Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Re: Angle Lake

Post by racfish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Not too far from Angle Lake is Lake Burien. Its a state maintained lake with no public access at all. There used to be a public area with a fishing pier. The property owners of the lake got together and had the park closed down. Now mind you this lake is taken care of by the state and or county and with no public access. Go figure.

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Bull

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Well, this may be outdated, and it was just filmed last year:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks gfakkema, give the director a call, maybe i misunderstood him but i assumed when he said there would be spots to park rigs it meant more than 1-2 however they can squeeze in.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 am

It's certainly too late to do anything about it now, but this is the thing that has always pi55ed me off about the lakes over here on the westside compared to the lakes I grew up on in eastern Washington. The fact that my public dollars (and my license fees) go to support lakes that effectively have 95+% of the shoreline that is privately owned, and even more that are effectively useless without a boat. On top of that is the fact that of all the times I have been out on Ballinger, Green, Blackman's etc that I have maybe seen 5 instances at each lake where someone with a waterfront home actually has made use of that shoreline for anything other than the scenery. I'd rather they spent the $1.4 million buying back lakefront property and tearing down the houses for more public use areas.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

Welcome to politics in Wa State. To go a lil further into this subject of wasting state money is that boating and fishing is a huge business in the Northwest. We have so few launchs that are actually monitered or do the coppers write tickets at launches. If you go to Coulon park in Renton,Armeni in West Seattle or the Stan Sayres Pits just to name a few have limited trailer parking ,and if youre lucky enough to launch there is usuall a VW bug parked in the trailer spot.Or you go to launch a boat in the summer and the jet skiers hog the docks so launching isnt fun (having a hip holster works sometimes.)Boating in Northwest can be fun . There are loads of written laws but seldom are they enforced.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 am

Have to agree with both of you Troutsnipr and racfish. We're a huge economic force in this state and for some reason the powers that be seem intent on giving us the middle finger at every chance. Not in words of course b/c they want our $$ but in action/decisions where it counts.

Should mention that there does appear to be bright spots on the horizon. Sport fishing / angler associations are starting to hire lobbyist to advance our cause and are taking our arguments directly to voters and it appears to be working (see Colombia gill netting and Puget Sound shrimp harvest). We need to do more of this, I haven't joined an association yet but plan to and get into the fight. If we organize and find ways to wield our economic and political might politicians and the bureaucratic organizations they oversee will bend to our will as they should frankly. We pay for most of it, we should get the benefit, not tribes or commercials. If they want to start forking over $$ on the same scale we are they're more than welcome at the table, until then, we should get to call the shots.

Go to fishingthechelahis.com, this situation needs to be tackled and quickly, complete BS.

Ok, off my soap box now.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I drive past going to a buddies place on a regular basis. There's been a big sign out front for the better part of a year, explaining the improvements and meeting dates and all the public project/land use management required stuff. In fact it may have been there longer than a year..... Gotta keep those peepers peeled.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

I have contacted Mr Ledbetter about the problems we have been experiencing and requesting some resolution. I suggested that Parks personnel handle the gate closing like they did before construction began. I also asked that maybe they could work out something with Alaska Air Group about allowing some over-flow parking on their lot. Doesn't hurt to try.

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm

gfakkema wrote:As if the park closure wasn't bad enough, it gets worse. Decided to try angle today and got the boat in the drink at about 4:45. Just as I started marking some fish, the construction workers started yelling at me to come back to the launch. Turns out they have to close the gate when they leave at 5:00 pm. So, if you plan on hitting angle, do it before 5 on weekdays. Also, they don't want us to park in front of their "gate" (an unmarked section of fence). So what could hold 2-3 rigs now only holds 1-2. There are no signs saying no parking or what time the gate closes, kind of frustrating. The construction guys weren't very friendly either, and I wouldn't put it past them to lock people in. Not sure how they work it on weekends though. I will definitely be giving sea tac parks a call tomorrow and giving them a piece of my mind about closing early and the parking situation. All this frustration over upgrades that are costly and unnecessary.
I have been informed that the construction personnel are not responsible for closing the gate, but Seatac Parks handles that function. I have seen plenty of rigs parked along side the fence especially on the weekends.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bkawafishin
Petty Officer

Post by bkawafishin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am

Has anyone seen how things are progressing down there lately? Will I be able to hit the dock this year, or should I just give up all hope?

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 am

300 kids a day, not 300 kids at a time.

That could be 50 kids an hour for 6 hours, or more likely 25 kids per hour for 12 hours, or more likely 20 kids an hour for 16 hours during the summer.

That's not a whole lot, I wouldn't get so worked up about it.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 pm

I was out there this last weekend, here's a picture of the work their doing to the park so far. Park and fishing dock is all fenced up so your better off with a float tube,pontoon or boat to fish it.
Attachments
Angle Lk 001.JPG
Angle Lk 001.JPG (127.17 KiB) Viewed 2194 times