Walleye on lake Entiat.. Help!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

Walleye on lake Entiat.. Help!

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 am

I live about 200 feet from lake Entiat with water access and dont know how to catch a single fish out of that water. ](*,)
I've seen people catch walleye out of there but I dont know what gear to use. Any help would be appreciated, and I will be fishing from a boat not from shore. Thanks!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Walleye on lake Entiat.. Help!

Post by Amx » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:01 am

Probably LOTS of walleye vids on Youtube, watch them. The walleye fishermen on this site will have to help you with all that info, but try crankbaits, 1/8th oz round jig heads with grubs and skinny worms, and of course trolling. Bottom bouncing things, and all that stuff. Go to 'Infishermen' and watch their vids.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm

You're very close, watch the vids, get a bottom bouncer rig and some worms and hit the ledges around the island and other shallows. Wally's are very light sensitive, very early and after dusk.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I've watched a few videos now, and I am confused on wether I should be using a jig, or a spoon type spinner bait. Also should I go with live or artifical bait. And if im not mistaking I will need T swivels? If anyone has a picture or a diagram on a good walleye setup that would be helpful.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Go to the sports shop and ask them for a bottom bouncer, get a half, three quarters and an ounce and maybe a one and a half. You want to make to get to the bottom. Then you hook a spinner, wedding ring, wally pop or hook and worm. It will be clear as day when you see it. I've caught them trolling for trout with a wedding ring and worm. Hard to find esy to catch, most of the big Wally guys spend a lot of time looking with electronics, spoting holes and ledges with fish before they even start. I can't do that. Remember, they're truely ambush hunters so find a place they can catch baby perch or trout and start fishing, structure, structure, structure.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!