today catch of da day

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

today catch of da day

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 pm

same result as yeaturday morn except no jack king went 3 for 5 in bout an hour b4 work. all silver and 1 jenny action was good a bit slower than yesturday corks and yarn peach/ smelljelly da trick. my friends limited and lost some big king..weekent comming so i dont know where i gonna be mayby lower river..good luck out there.Image
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: today catch of da day

Post by natetreat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Way to be. Those are some nice fish!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:56 pm

nice man! I got my self 4 chromers at da quil

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:nice man! I got my self 4 chromers at da quil
daing i wanna join you to fish at da q...indian will start nettin tomorroe at puke so its all bad till wednesday. look like yo did well bonkers. what method you usin egg or jigs....or corky/egg =P~
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

NimmunDay
Petty Officer

Post by NimmunDay » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:nice man! I got my self 4 chromers at da quil
Went to the quil on saturday. Everyone was snagging and were keeping fish. One guy even said that when the game warden comes he issues tickets only to people fishing in the water, and people using treble hooks or barbed hooks. Not snaggers. My opinion is if you snag a fish you should keep it because a gash left from the cook could infect as the slime doesnt protect that area. Everyone snagged their limit. I only saw about 4 fish caught legally. It seems that every one used a 7' Heavy action rod with 25 pound test. I saw a guy using 60 lb mono.
Thank you! Come again! Image

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 pm

yeah you will find some interesting gear and equipment out there, where were you at, all my fish were legal because I was using eggs, oh yeah and got another 4 today including a nice 12-13lb buck, those who work for them shall recieve, took me 10hours yesterday to limit and 6 today.
hey nimnum day, I use an 8'6 with 20lb because I forgot my other bait casters at my moms but I am glad becuase we had our puppies with us today and they would start to jump on the fish and chew on our line every time, kinda funny at the same time though.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Rvr_fshr wrote:does every single person on here think u should keep snagged fish??? I hear alot of excuses how if you snag a fish it will harm it, so therefore you should be able to keep it. How about this solution, DONT SNAG. how hard is it folks? Bobber/egg, spinners, spoons, I mean there are many options aside from ripping treble hooks through the water. Disgusting
+100, pretty simple but sometimes when you cast too a school with just a corky and yarn the fish will bump your line thus causing you set the hook and fight a fish sideways but I just simply release it and they have no problems since the fish only have to travel like 3 miles to the hatchery from the salt water. I always laugh when I see people rip their line in the quilcene and keep fish hooked in the tail and what not, I do not really care that much since it is a meat fishery but just do not come crying to me when the gamie in the bushes behind you catches you.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Rvr_fshr wrote:does every single person on here think u should keep snagged fish??? I hear alot of excuses how if you snag a fish it will harm it, so therefore you should be able to keep it. How about this solution, DONT SNAG. how hard is it folks? Bobber/egg, spinners, spoons, I mean there are many options aside from ripping treble hooks through the water. Disgusting

I'm sure everyone knows it's illegal to retain snagged fish. Thinking one should be able to keep them in a total hatchery fishery is a totally different thing. Expressing an opinion is about as far away from illegal as you can get (See First Amendment, Bill of Rights). I've snagged plenty of fish while fishing legally quite often, Kings and Coho will swat their quarry to stun it before coming back for the bite. Sometimes it just happens. I doubt anyone here is heading out with big weights and treble hooks, which would be illegal when fishing for Salmon. So your statement, "don't snag" is pretty silly, short sighted and tells me you didn't read the entire thread before popping off.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:10 pm

my dads friend/neighbor is a gamer in kent and i watched him snagging cohos and keeping them just because it was a hatchery only fishery. he looks at it like this.. its not steelhead so its alright to retain them because they are ment to be kept and he also said 90 percent of them do not bite anyways. hes always saying how our countys (kitsap, mason, jefferson) gamers are just big headed staters. i beleve that to be true about the gamers here, for ex. because when you go across the hood canal bridge the gamers are sitting in the middle with their spotting scopes looking for speeders to report to the white car staters and they also act really unfriendly when checking licenses at the meat rivers and also the stories hes shared with me about them. i dont buy it. gamers know that the fish are going to be killed anyways but its just more fun for them to sneak around and hide in the bushes and play commando super cop. i see alot of people carry 2-way raidos to warn others down stream of gamers which seems actually kinda like what they will do so by being sneaky, a way to combat the sneaky guys i guess. i dont care about people keeping foul hooked fished in hatchery only fisheries like the quill or skok but the gamers here sure do. i watch people have the time of their lives catching fouled hooked fish and its actually pretty cool how they get so excited about getting a fish snagged or not. but thats just my two cents.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:18 pm

haha outbreed, yeah I here you, I can not believe the quil locals have not came up with a secret morse code to warn others about the gamies or something. Gamies are getting smarter though, becoming more in depth on their under cover duties. Easiest way to tell if someone is a gamie is if they are catching fish amonst a whole bunch of fish, lots of fish+ no catching= gamie, but it does not matter too much I guess if you are not doing anything wrong 8-[

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 pm

yea it depends on the chosen gamer to play undercover and that inflates their ego, all of their egos. its like a search warrant drug raid to them lol

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:22 pm

haha, yeah pretty crazy when the big bust goes on too, been there done that...

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 pm

i know huh! lol.. ive seen uniformed gamers run in the rivers after people getting soaked just to write a ticket! haha super cops hahah

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

gorst creek, dewatto river and tahuya is a must for funny gammer action. but i also noticed that when the cohos are running in tahuya and dewatto they are alot bigger than qill or skok.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm

i guess its easy to talk for some cuz they hiding behind computer. guess people have issues i dont get it and i aint sayen who thats the internet i guess :scratch:
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

thats not front page news.. same here

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm

So it's no secret, I've posted that I work for state patrol and my friend Steve is fish and wildlife ( also ran by state patrol).... We love going fishing at the meat holes and keep our radios on ... The chatter keep the dishonest ones in check and a lot of times clears the place so we have plenty of room.... Snaggers deserve tickets, plain and simple ... You break the law( no matter how stupid you believe it is ) and your gonna get popped..... Btw.... We play the 2way radio game also... One of us fishes and the other bust them up on the trail or back at their car, so nobody is the wiser.... ;)

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Re: today catch of da day ..2012

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:47 am

anyways......i fished couple hour at da mud/puy ,sunday 8/26 hooked a bunch in da moufe ,catch and released a bunch kept bigger 2. like tony da tiger says theyre GERRRRRREAT. also fished this am todat b4 work limited in 10 casts fishin was offdaaaahook :cheers: ill post pics later [thumbup] btw corky yarn was da trick and smell jelly fish do bite ya know 8-[
Attachments
securedownload.jpg
securedownload.jpg (129.92 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 am

outbreed360 wrote:gorst creek, dewatto river and tahuya is a must for funny gammer action. but i also noticed that when the cohos are running in tahuya and dewatto they are alot bigger than qill or skok.
yeah those dewatto silvers can get pretty big but the only prob is all the netting out by the mouth, runs are not as good now as they were 7-10 years ago but last year was not bad, punched a couple. I have seen some toads in the quil, released a foul hooked one last year that was 19-21lbs easy, that was a hog.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 am

yes why? Did I talk to you that day or something, nice fish huh, first ever summer run while trying for springers, figures... [confused]