Lake Fishing Mentors

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
bustin
Warrant Officer

RE:Lake Fishing Mentors

Post by bustin » Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 pm

I can offer online help for;

Fish Lake (Spokane County) - Tiger Trout

Lake Sylvia - Grays Harbor - Trout

Klineline (both sides) - Clark County - Trout and Bass

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Lake Fishing Mentors

Post by yooper_fisher » Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 am

This thread seems like it needs a boost.

I can offer help for Fish Lake (King County) - Cutthroat trout, rainbow trout, perch

Pm's preferred

Atkins Dan
Angler

Post by Atkins Dan » Mon May 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Any body here that can do Lake Ohop??? I know the bare min of fishing and would like some one to show me the ropes and some tips and get better too.. I have been fishing this lake (once a week) since the season started and only a hand full of bites.

Dan

chasecaleb
Angler

Post by chasecaleb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:35 am

Anyone interested in catching rainbow trout on Steel Lake in Federal Way (King County), or really anything else with trout nearby, I would love to help out. I usually land one every few minutes once I find the right spot on the lake :)

I use a float tube personally, so if you have one too that would be great. Shore or your boat works fine as well though.

snekieroc
Angler

Post by snekieroc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Ok i need help i am not a fishermen and my daughter wants to learn to catch a bass i know it sounds like im throwing my little girl under the bus so one of you guys can teach me how to fish but believe me thats not the case any help would be appreciated i am in snohomish county in millcreek/everett area

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Do you have a boat? One of the major problems fishing for bass is that bank fishing is not the optimal way to access the fish. Bass hold on structure like submerged logs, rock piles, steep ledges/drop offs, docks, or along the edges of cover like lily pads. This is really hard to target from most of the lakes around here that are highly developed since they have VERY little publicly accessible shoreline. Also the techniques, well require more technique/skill from the angler than say trout or catfish.

You can catch some bass on a bobber and live worms, or even a slip sinker and live worms, but the more productive techniques are things like drop-shotting, Carolina or Texas rigged plastics, crankbaits, spinners, or top water lures. There are a couple lakes that hold bass that have docks and nearby lily pads etc that you can try. Martha Lake in Lynnwood/Millcreek has a dock that you can drop shot from and fish the edges of some lily pads. So does Blackman's Lake in Snohomish, Roesiger's in Snohomish, and Green Lake seems to have quite a few smaller rock bass in it from recent reports.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 pm

something new for you guys:

Highly urge you contact me about OMAK LAKE i got lots of info we had a 86 fish day this year biggest trout was 9 pounds.

SAMISH LAKE KOKANEE!!!!! we were very successful this year

Thefabman
Angler

Post by Thefabman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:09 am

Hey FF Omak is a wonderful lake. Made a trip over a few weeks back while at Brewster. Fish were in full spawn unfortunately so didnt hit them hard. Sammish is starting to cool and the Kokos are starting to turn now. Managed to get an 18" about 10 days ago.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Would love some help with Skagit Lakes!

CrawlHer
Angler

Post by CrawlHer » Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 am

cobrar543 wrote:Would love some help with Skagit Lakes!
^^^ agreed Skagit county lakes seem to be impossible to get a bite in :scratch: . any help would greatly be appreciated O:)

Thanks

gremlin21
Angler

Post by gremlin21 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 pm

need some help from fellow fisherman concerning Kress lake and Vancouver Lake.I fished Vancouver years ago maybe 20 and used to get a lot of crappie and bulls.Kress I've fished 3 or 4 times with nothing.I like these small easy access lakes but on Kress I got nothing but a tan and Vancouver seems to be more private porperty than access even with the park.Used to go by burnt bridge creek across the tracks and down into a cove which you could get many crappie,bulls, and carp if you wanted to tug of war,lol.but now it's all posted. So where to fish?Tried the lower east fork which I liked but also now is posted private,across from paridise point.No boat for Yale or Merwin or the swift.See alot of people going to lacamas but haven't tried yet.I'd like to go for channel(my favorite catfish)or large trout or sturgeon.Hope too get some good advice.

Chromer
Petty Officer

Post by Chromer » Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Skagit County
Heart Lake (rainbow)
Erie Lake (rainbow)
Grandy Lake (rainbow, cutthroat)
Lake Sixteen (rainbow)
Lake Shannon (kokanee)

Snohomish County
Howard Lake (rainbow)