"Electric only" lakes

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
63Starcraft
Angler

"Electric only" lakes

Post by 63Starcraft » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Im new here and I just had a quick question, how does one find out if a lake is electric motor only, meaning that you cannot use an internal combustion motor on said lake. I have been searching online and have not been able to find much information on this matter. I have also looked through the regulations and it seems that even if a lake is listed it sometimes does not show the motor restriction. Anyways I was just hoping someone would know where to search online to figure out if I can use a gasoline engine before I drive all the way out to the lake.

Thanks in advance

Lou Smith
Petty Officer

Re: "Electric only" lakes

Post by Lou Smith » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm

I use the WDFW site for lake info. They give directions, species, motor restrictions, pictures, etc. for all lakes where there is a WDFW launch facility.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 am

keep in mind that if it is a "no internal cumbustion motors" lake .... it doesnt just mean you cant use them but that you cant even have 1 on the boat.... DOG

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 pm

63Starcraft wrote:Hi Im new here and I just had a quick question, how does one find out if a lake is electric motor only, meaning that you cannot use an internal combustion motor on said lake. I have been searching online and have not been able to find much information on this matter. I have also looked through the regulations and it seems that even if a lake is listed it sometimes does not show the motor restriction. Anyways I was just hoping someone would know where to search online to figure out if I can use a gasoline engine before I drive all the way out to the lake.

Thanks in advance
we have some links/info here:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=12184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Besides the link that Mike gave, you could toss your lake of choice up on this thread and I'm sure some of us would be able to fill in the blanks. Not that it is a good idea to take legal advice from a bunch of fishing strangers, but this particular subject is pretty well covered on this forum. In general you will find that "Most" of the smaller urban Metro/Seattle lakes have gas restrictions. Obviously not stuff like, Lake WA. Samammish, Stevens, etc. .... just look at the link.