lake sammamish

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
G-Man
Admiral

Re: lake sammamish

Post by G-Man » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 am

AMX - you do not need a Discovery Pass to lauch your boat at a State Park.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:10 am

There is a sign right on the side of the road into Sammamish launch that a Discover Pass is required. Call the dept. and let us know for sure.
Tom.

Interests: living

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 am

This is too funny, yet annoying ...

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 am

Yes. We are both 'right'. Just ask us. [laugh]
Tom.

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 am

So this is directly off the Washington State Park for Lake Sammamish website.

Please note: A Discover Pass is still required to access lands managed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife during State Parks free days. For more information, please visit http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Full list of events at Washington State Parks

Boating Features
There are nine watercraft launches located off E. Lake Sammamish Parkway SE. There are two 60 feet by 4 feet and four 40 feet by 4 feet finger docks spaced among nine 12 feet by 30 feet launch ramps. There is one restroom and parking for 250 car/boat-trailer combinations.

A daily watercraft launching permit for $7 and a trailer dumping permit for $5 is available at the park.

Annual permits also may be purchased at State Parks Headquarters in Olympia, at region offices, online, and at parks when staff is available. So how it reads is Discovery Pass and launch is what you need and nothing else.

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

Read the website. http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Lake" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Sammamish&subject=all

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 am

I also just noticed the WDFW doesnt have a space for two vehicles .....

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 am

But you can write two plate numbers on it someplace. I haven't tried yet.
Tom.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm

If a person left their home travelling 40 mph... and got to the Samammish launch... if they showed up with a discover pass, but wanted to launch would they get a ticket if they did not buy a daily launch pass?......... but if they were travelling at a rate of 60 mph, and made 3 stops for various passes needed, would they get there in time to launch, or would the vehicle/trailer that left 1 hour earlier without any sort of passes, and travelling at a higher rate of speed, would this vehicle get to launch first? Solve for X. #-o #-o Sorry for the waste of space, but I couldn't resist.
Just buy all the bloody passes you can, and say your prayers.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:10 pm

That's about it. :salut:
Tom.

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Damn it, looks like I'll have to buy another pass. UGH. :o

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Amx wrote:
G-Man wrote:You guys are killing me, this isn't that difficult to follow. ](*,) For State Park launches, the Discover Pass is totally useless. Yes, it hoses the fisherman but you should be used to that by now. Here is the deal:
State Park boat launch requirement, one of the following:
1. Daily boat launch permit, buy at the kiosk for $7.
2. Annual State Park boat launch permit, as we have just been informed it is now $80.
3. If you are camping at a State Park and have paid your camping fee, you may launch in the park in which you are camping.

The Discover Pass only covers launching a boat at WDFW managed sites, such as the Kenmore launch on Lake Washington and the launch at Blue Creek on the Cowlitz.

So let's review what you need to launch your boat at the State Park on lake Sammamish, just one of the following:
1. daily boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the daily Discover Pass)
2. annaul state park boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the annual Discover Pass)
3. have paid your camping fee for the day.

A Discover Pass will work however, for parking in a State Park and fishing from shore. It is just the boaters that get the extra shaft in the wallet.
Wrong.

Both number ones above you also need the daily, or yearly Discover pass, in additon to the $7 launch fee. The launch fee only covers the launching of the boat, not the parking which the daily/year Discover pass only covers.

Anyone planning on launching had NOW better call the Parks dept. as too many people here are now unecessaraly confused.
Amx you are correct- anyone else read the links, on the second link scroll to boating fees. No debate, they have put the screws to us.
http://www.parks.wa.gov/boating/launch/?subject=permit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.parks.wa.gov/fees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cast first, worry later.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Really, you guys need to read the information provided a bit more carefully. Spindog posted 2 links and one takes you right to the answer. Here is the text off the State Parks Department website:

Discover Pass

Annual pass: $30
One-day pass: $10
(Transaction and dealer fees may apply)
A Discover Pass is required for vehicle access to state parks and recreation lands managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). One pass can be transferred between two vehicles.

Exemptions: Your purchase of the Discover Pass supports recreation on state lands. However, you do not need to purchase the pass under the following circumstances:
•If you are camping or renting overnight accommodations, including vacation houses, environmental learning centers, yurts and cabins, you will not need a Discover Pass for access to the state park where you are staying, for the duration of your stay. If you visit other state parks in the area or other state recreation lands managed by WDFW or DNR, a Discover Pass will be required.
•Disabled veterans and other State Parks pass holders registered through State Parks do not need to purchase a Discover Pass for access to Washington state parks. You will need to purchase the Discover Pass for access to lands managed by WDFW and DNR.
State Parks boat launch sites. You will not need a Discover Pass to launch your boat from a State Parks boat launch if you have the appropriate permit. You will need the Discover Pass for boat launches managed by DNR and WDFW.
•Sno-Park seasonal permit holders do not need a Discover Pass to use a designated Sno-Park between Nov. 1 and March 31 for winter recreation activities. The Sno-Park permit exemption does not apply to non-winter recreation activities.

The launch fee covers the use of the lauch and parking for your trailer and tow vehicle. I know it is April 1st, but really, I'm not messing with you, just trying to keep as much of your money in your wallet, where it belongs.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 pm

G-man
I guess I'm missing something, #1 is the $80 permit= launch and park. #s 2 and 3, I read that the launch fee is
secondary to day use fees?? :scratch: Below is copied from the state park link I previously posted. Notice how the AND is capitalized?? :scratch:

Underlined in G-mans last post
•State Parks boat launch sites. You will not need a Discover Pass to launch your boat from a State Parks boat launch if you have the appropriate permit.
What appropriate permit?
The permit you describe is not a launch pass? notice it's referred to as "appropriate permit"- the only one that fits any
criteria below is a {Natural Investment Permit}.
A simple daily launch ticket is not gonna do it. Whats up with all those "ANDS" in there ??
These were the only 3 choices given? :scratch: I sure don't see it. Please explain.

Right from Web Page
Boating fees
Watercraft launching permit

Launching a boat at a state park requires:
1. An annual launch permit (Natural Investment Permit); or
2. An annual Discover Pass AND a daily launch permit; or
3.A one-day Discover Pass AND a daily launch permit.
Daily launch permit (included in camping fee): $7 ($5 at Bridgeport, Larrabee, Columbia Hills, Conconully, Sacajawea and Steamboat Rock state parks).
Annual launch permit: $80 (A Natural Investment), valid for one year from date of purchase.
Last edited by spindog on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cast first, worry later.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Next year I'm gonna pony up for the annual pass as I just fish to often and don't want to forget to display the right one.. And in fairness with this discover pass if your paying to launch too a yearly pass seems a barging if you fish in the state parks a lot.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

sickbayer wrote:Next year I'm gonna pony up for the annual pass as I just fish to often and don't want to forget to display the right one.. And in fairness with this discover pass if your paying to launch too a yearly pass seems a barging if you fish in the state parks a lot.
Forget the bargain, I'm in for the simplicity. This pass and permit stuff is nuts!!! [angry]
Cast first, worry later.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Quad, I think you have dealt with to many of "the boy's" Algebra word problems. But enjoyed your solving for the solve for the variable "X" in your elongated word problem......LOL!

I not sure who is more confusing, the state. Or the crew trying to explain the legalities of fishing at Lake Sam. Discovery pass for boat ramp parking at a state park -DNR Property, or WDFW managed boat ramp....such as Kenmore, no discovery pass needed at the boat ramp if camping, but what about parking fee? Launch fee = day use fee or Natural Investment Permit, or camping.

I thought, at the Kenmore ramp that the wild ID parking permit was all that was required there. Is that not true????

"Who's" on first. "What" is on second. "I don't know" is on third. The Discovery pass never made it to the boat ramp so let's fish somewhere else.........but is there a somewhere, without the pass?

What gets me about the State budget added fee's is. The State never weens itself from the teet once the economy strengthens. Look at the State lottery, once upon a time that was all that was required for a balanced budget. Look at the size of that monster.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Yall are tarded #-o

Checking sammamish off the "Lakes to go to list"

Dang it cant find a good flippoff smillie :-"

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:19 am

LOL all I was asking was where the best boat launch is. :scratch: You guys helped me on that thanks.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 am

russmcdonald wrote:LOL all I was asking was where the best boat launch is. :scratch: You guys helped me on that thanks.
Maybe so. But still murky as to what you will need to do, to launch, and park. Without being ticketed, after arriving there. ](*,) [-( :-k :scratch: