lake sammamish

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
russmcdonald
Petty Officer

lake sammamish

Post by russmcdonald » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm

What is the best launch to use on this lake?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: lake sammamish

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm

The only one that is on that lake, south end, State Parks launch. At least I don't know of any other public launches. $7 to launch, plus $10 for Discover pass, plus $5 fee for the dealer to sell you a Discover Pass. = $22 per day

OR:

Buy a year's parking/launch pass from the State Parks/Lake Sammamish park office for $70, and so the Discover pass isn't needed. Lasts one full year from the date/month of purchase.
Tom.

Interests: living

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Hang on I'm confused now.... I thought the state governor just said the pass with the fishing license covers the parking so you only need to pay the lunch fee.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Not at the State Park launches, as far as I know. I haven't seen/heard the gov. say anything about that. The only thing I know is the e-mail I got from the Wa. Dept. of fish and Wildlife that said the Discover pass can now be used for 2 vehicles, and that has nothing to do with the WDFW access permit. Someone will have to post an offical report on that which you speak of.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 pm

read here;

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=14864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The WDFW permit is mentioned for using it on 2 vehicles like it used to be, but it only covers the WDFW access land, not the Parks lands. Sammamish launch is State Parks.
Tom.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Amx wrote:The only one that is on that lake, south end, State Parks launch. At least I don't know of any other public launches. $7 to launch, plus $10 for Discover pass, plus $5 fee for the dealer to sell you a Discover Pass. = $22 per day

OR:

Buy a year's parking/launch pass from the State Parks/Lake Sammamish park office for $70, and so the Discover pass isn't needed. Lasts one full year from the date/month of purchase.
OR:

Buy a yearly Discover Pass $30 which is good for 2 different vehicles, and when at State Parks pay a daily $7 dollar launch fee.

You can see the $70 makes sense if you go often. Parking and launching included.
Cast first, worry later.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Oh ya, the Parks pass is good for any vehicle, not just one vehicle. And is good at all Parks launches, and for dumping the tanks on RVs.
Tom.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 pm

Sorry Sicky is right on this one. I paid when we went on the lake a few weeks ago. It goes like this. For parking only, pay for day use or Discovery Pass. For the launch, it's day use plus launch fee or discover plus launch fee. No free ride at the launch with a discover pass.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Bodofish wrote:Sorry Sicky is right on this one. I paid when we went on the lake a few weeks ago. It goes like this. For parking only, pay for day use or Discovery Pass. For the launch, it's day use plus launch fee or discover plus launch fee. No free ride at the launch with a discover pass.
That is what I said, not sicky. [biggrin] The WDFW pass is no good at the Lake Sammamish launch, or parking. :)
Tom.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Amx wrote:
Bodofish wrote:Sorry Sicky is right on this one. I paid when we went on the lake a few weeks ago. It goes like this. For parking only, pay for day use or Discovery Pass. For the launch, it's day use plus launch fee or discover plus launch fee. No free ride at the launch with a discover pass.
That is what I said, not sicky. [biggrin] The WDFW pass is no good at the Lake Sammamish launch, or parking. :)
Even more confused..

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 pm

sickbayer wrote:
Amx wrote:
Even more confused..
It's a Washington State Parks launch, so only the Parks pass is good, the WDFW pass won't. Without the Parks pass, then you can use the launch, but have to pay the $7 daily fee, and either a year's Discover Pass, or daily Discover Pass. The price/cost of the 2 Discover Passes I posted above. It's either $22 a day, or $30 for a year's Discover Pass, plus the daily $7 launch fee. With the Year's Parks pass you only have the $70, no Discover Pass, no daily launch fee.
Tom.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 pm

sickbayer wrote:
Amx wrote:
Even more confused..
Buy a yearly Discover Pass $30 which is good for 2 different vehicles, and when at State Parks pay a daily $7 dollar launch fee.
State Parks include daily parking charge covered by a daily Discover or annual Discover pass. Boat launch fee is
separate charge of $7.

WDFW parking pass is not recognized at the State Parks. WDFW parking pass is good only at WDFW launches.
What AMX said
You can see the $70 makes sense if you go often. Parking and launching included.
Last edited by spindog on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:52 pm

I did buy a discover paas as it's just ridiculous how complex this is.. I did use to buy the pass for samamish but in skipping it this year.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm

If you have the year's Discover Pass, then all you have to do is pay $7 each time you launch a boat and park. The WDFW pass is no good there.
Tom.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Amx wrote:With the Year's Parks pass you only have the $70, no Discover Pass, no daily launch fee.
[scared] The $70 parks pass went to $80.
http://www.parks.wa.gov/boating/launch/?subject=permit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.parks.wa.gov/fees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cast first, worry later.

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks. Sorry didn't mean to start a debate on discovery pass. I already have a year one. But this is the latest I heard is the discovery pass is good on all state owned land. I could be wrong but if you look at it there should be only one pass to lessen the confusion anyway.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 am

spindog wrote:
Amx wrote:With the Year's Parks pass you only have the $70, no Discover Pass, no daily launch fee.
[scared] The $70 parks pass went to $80.
http://www.parks.wa.gov/boating/launch/?subject=permit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.parks.wa.gov/fees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, DARN!! Mine is good until Aug. anyway.
Tom.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 am

You guys are killing me, this isn't that difficult to follow. ](*,) For State Park launches, the Discover Pass is totally useless. Yes, it hoses the fisherman but you should be used to that by now. Here is the deal:
State Park boat launch requirement, one of the following:
1. Daily boat launch permit, buy at the kiosk for $7.
2. Annual State Park boat launch permit, as we have just been informed it is now $80.
3. If you are camping at a State Park and have paid your camping fee, you may launch in the park in which you are camping.

The Discover Pass only covers launching a boat at WDFW managed sites, such as the Kenmore launch on Lake Washington and the launch at Blue Creek on the Cowlitz.

So let's review what you need to launch your boat at the State Park on lake Sammamish, just one of the following:
1. daily boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the daily Discover Pass)
2. annaul state park boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the annual Discover Pass)
3. have paid your camping fee for the day.

A Discover Pass will work however, for parking in a State Park and fishing from shore. It is just the boaters that get the extra shaft in the wallet.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 am

Amx wrote:The only one that is on that lake, south end, State Parks launch. At least I don't know of any other public launches. $7 to launch, plus $10 for Discover pass, plus $5 fee for the dealer to sell you a Discover Pass. = $22 per day

OR:

There is a privately operated launch on the northwest side of the lake. Vasa Park offers camping and has a boat launch which, accdording to their website, also runs at $7 per day. Call to get their hours of operation as the park gets locked up at night. http://www.vasaparkresort.com/

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 am

G-Man wrote:You guys are killing me, this isn't that difficult to follow. ](*,) For State Park launches, the Discover Pass is totally useless. Yes, it hoses the fisherman but you should be used to that by now. Here is the deal:
State Park boat launch requirement, one of the following:
1. Daily boat launch permit, buy at the kiosk for $7.
2. Annual State Park boat launch permit, as we have just been informed it is now $80.
3. If you are camping at a State Park and have paid your camping fee, you may launch in the park in which you are camping.

The Discover Pass only covers launching a boat at WDFW managed sites, such as the Kenmore launch on Lake Washington and the launch at Blue Creek on the Cowlitz.

So let's review what you need to launch your boat at the State Park on lake Sammamish, just one of the following:
1. daily boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the daily Discover Pass)
2. annaul state park boat launch permit, (this is not the same as the annual Discover Pass)
3. have paid your camping fee for the day.

A Discover Pass will work however, for parking in a State Park and fishing from shore. It is just the boaters that get the extra shaft in the wallet.
Wrong.

Both number ones above you also need the daily, or yearly Discover pass, in additon to the $7 launch fee. The launch fee only covers the launching of the boat, not the parking which the daily/year Discover pass only covers.

Anyone planning on launching had NOW better call the Parks dept. as too many people here are now unecessaraly confused.
Tom.