Anybody fishing Sammamish this weekend?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
steelhead597
Petty Officer

Anybody fishing Sammamish this weekend?

Post by steelhead597 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:07 pm

I been hitting Blackmans last couple of weeks figuring the weather would break a little bit. Can't take it one more weekend I gotta go fire up the Suzuki and do some trolling on Sunday, I hope it does snow, I never caught a quality cut in a snow storm before lol.

SculpinKing
Petty Officer

Re: Anybody fishing Sammamish this weekend?

Post by SculpinKing » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 am

Be aware that everyone I've heard from has reported catching a lot of Kokanee, which cannot be kept on Sammamish, for every Cutthroat they get. It's gotten to the point where some folks have stopped fishing completely because Kokanee don't have a very high survival rate after release and they've been the target of a decade long recovery effort.

Some decent discussion in the comments for this report:
http://washingtonlakes.com/ReportCommen ... id=466&t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 am

Not many "quality" cutts to be found in Sammamish. Also, keep in mind that Issaquah Creek is blown out and will have turned the lake into a giant latte. If your looking for a fish in the 20" range that has some weight to it, you're going to need to hit Lake Washington. Mind you, this time of year the fishing is tough in Lake Washington due to the spawn.

steelhead597
Petty Officer

Post by steelhead597 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am

Good to know I will steer clear of Sammamish for now, nobody wants that kok fishery to recover more than me. Sounds like another pontoon weekend for me.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

steelhead597 wrote:Good to know I will steer clear of Sammamish for now, nobody wants that kok fishery to recover more than me. Sounds like another pontoon weekend for me.
check out the most recent Cowlitz report. Maybe I am doing something wrong... :scratch:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".