Where do I post this?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tnj8222
Admiral

RE:Where do I post this?

Post by tnj8222 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 pm

I
flinginpooh wrote:Not when the water is almost to the road and its fast water your fishing 1oz ill just barely tick the bottom on certain holes.
lol just kidding around man.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 am

arniejl wrote: I did keep fishing, in fact, I caught a 3.1 pound large mouth about an hour later. Those were the only two fish, though. I fished for 6 hours, my thumb never really bothered me and, honestly, it did not really hurt all that bad, not like you would think. I would say that the pain was like a 3 on a scale of 1-10.
Same here, except, the silver was flailing around attached to the other hook, I was going to release the fish(how I got stuck in the first place), but I had to make it stop tugging on my finger, I clubbed it! Lots of blood after I cut the hook and slid the shank out of my finger. I was 10 miles off the coast, Westport, fishing solo! CnR for the next 3 hrs. Best salmon fishing of my life, I wasn't going to cut the trip short for anything. LOL Last Sept.
Attachments
Sept_2010_Westport_hooked_finger.jpg
Sept_2010_Westport_hooked_finger.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Wed May 04, 2011 8:02 am

Sorry you had to go through that. I also know that tactic as shown in those videos and I actually used it successfully on someone who got hooked passed the barb.

However, I fish solo perhaps 99% of the time and this tactic seems as is shown on those videos to require a second person. If this happened to me while fishing alone and I was hooked where I couldn't use line to pull it, I would have definitely done it the way you did and hope I was current with my tetanus shot!
Last edited by islandbass on Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

arniejl
Warrant Officer

Post by arniejl » Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 pm

islandbass wrote:Sorry you had to go through that. I also know that tactic as shown in those videos and I actually used it successfully on someone who got hooked passed the barb.

However, I fish solo perhaps 99% of the time and this tactic seems as is shown on those videos to require a second person. If this happened to me while fishing alone and I was hooked where I couldn't use line to pull it, I would have definitely done it the way you did and hope I was current with my tetanus shot!
Yeah, I am not liking the looks of those videos. The way that I did it was painless. I tell you, it truly was. Poking the hook back through my thumb was hard but not because of the pain, yet because it was like leather. I could see the hook but not get it to poke through.

As far as the pain, it is almost like there are no nerves under the skin. You know, poke yourself in the thumb and it hurts, but from the inside out, nothing.

My shots are current:)
Last edited by arniejl on Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

907fisher
Petty Officer

Post by 907fisher » Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 am

I love the line trick, but unfortunately when they're this deep your only option is a doctor. I kept fishing, but it didn't feel too good.
[img=http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0913_n.jpg]Hooked up[/img]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 06, 2011 1:09 am

Trust me, that one WILL come out just fine. The line trick ANYTHING will come out, unless the hook is inside the bone.
Tom.

Interests: living

907fisher
Petty Officer

Post by 907fisher » Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 am

I don't think it woulda worked for that one, the hook was turned all the way around so the shank was running parallel with my fingers. That thing was in there!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 06, 2011 3:36 am

:-k Well put it back in, bring it over and I'll try it. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /devil.gif]4[/img]
Tom.

Interests: living

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Mon May 09, 2011 7:06 am

arniejl wrote:
islandbass wrote:Sorry you had to go through that. I also know that tactic as shown in those videos and I actually used it successfully on someone who got hooked passed the barb.

Yeah, I am not liking the looks of those videos. The way that I did it was painless. I tell you, it truly was. Poking the hook back through my thumb was hard but not because of the pain, yet because it was like leather. I could see the hook but not get it to poke through.

As far as the pain, it is almost like there are no nerves under the skin. You know, poke yourself in the thumb and it hurts, but from the inside out, nothing.

My shots are current:)
Thanks! That is good to know. I've always come close, but no cigar in hooking myself. :bom: