Favorite fishing trip lunch

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Favorite fishing trip lunch

Post by Toni » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 am

The Quadfather wrote:You know I do love my food. But for some reason in the boat I find it hard to eat. If I still-fished more, then I could see working through some good roast beef and smoked Gouda cheese sandwhiches. But I'm usually trolling and dropping downrigger balls, with one hand on the tiller. Whenever I try to bring a sandwhich it winds up on the floor. (at least I think it did in KZOO's boat):-" I roll with a bag of corn nuts or beef jerkey for ease.
Maybe it is easier if you cut your sandwich in half. Less time to eat it in between activities.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:44 am

Tuna salad! Have to have fish to fish....and some smoked salmon.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 am

PBJ, some Chips Ahoy cookies, maybe toss some pretzels in there, and water, or maybe a gatorade.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 am

Im in for the tuna sandwiches too. I usually cut the herrings or anchovies. I bait the hooks. I do the cleaning. So no matter what I eat it tastes like fish.So tuna is allright with me. If I'm freshwater fishing thats different. Then I make a Mufuletta Sandwich made on a 3' baguette and cut it in two bite slices.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

When on WAWA I usually like to take the opportunity to grab a Kid Valley burger and some garlic fries at Coulon. But on most lakes I usually just take water, 5 hour energy, trail mix, and beef jerky.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:02 am

i'm the guy who's empty boat trailer is sit'n at the launch when the other guys pull in....so breakfast is...fry'd egg (from my hens) with chedder sandwichs(nuff for every1)...lunch is some kinda dead animal flesh in a sammy...my fav be'n baked salmon sub'd for tuna..OMG....cooler is alllways has a couple diff kinds of soda a 1/2 rack each of water 'n MGD...DOG

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 am

My favorite lunch is the one the other guys bring cause it's my boat. The best lunch of all is when my wife goes and spoils me with yummy treats as I fish.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 am

Gotta love having a portable BBQ..
Attachments
shore_lunch.jpg
shore_lunch.jpg (45.3 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
"One more......."

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 am

jens wrote:Gotta love having a portable BBQ..
Jens, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to remove wild burgers completely out of the water. [-x

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 am

No time for lunch.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”