BOOT OF THE YEAR

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
salmonslayer117
Commander

RE:BOOT OF THE YEAR

Post by salmonslayer117 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 pm

curado wrote:WALKIN THE DOGS
There's that dawg. Had a blast out there bro. Thanks again for the good time. My son won't stop talkin' about it. Gotta do it again soon bro. Here's a pic of one we came upon...
Attachments
111300_1250[00][1].jpg
111300_1250[00][1].jpg (21.03 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 am

Yeah, that's not a Boot Ken, or is that YOUR wading boot?
"One more......."

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:59 pm

jens wrote:Yeah, that's not a Boot Ken, or is that YOUR wading boot?
Think that's the dawg that was downstream of his smelly boot? Looks like it turned that fish belly up on the spot, zombified. Cool mottled look to it though. Musta been where the smell/scent contacted the fish's skin:clown:
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Got him on the green drifting eggs. Poor guy had about ten yards of line wrapped around him. He was pretty zombified.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 am

natetreat wrote:Image

Got him on the green drifting eggs. Poor guy had about ten yards of line wrapped around him. He was pretty zombified.
Nate,

That is one hideous and zombified chum. I guess he wanted his last meal before being the last meal himself. hahahaha.

That is too funny, using eggs for chums. Personally I would of saved them for silvers or steelies.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am

That Zombie bit your eggs Nate? :scratch: :scratch:
And whose eggs will you be using Kinghunter since you don't cure any of your own? [-x [-x ](*,)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

jens wrote:That Zombie bit your eggs Nate? :scratch: :scratch:
And whose eggs will you be using Kinghunter since you don't cure any of your own? [-x [-x ](*,)
Yea, he bit my eggs. I was targeting steel, the chum were just there too. It's a bit early yet, but I've seen 'em swimmin around my legs.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:09 pm

LOL nate, that thing wasn't even to boot status IMO! Sure would have been a good entry for zombie though.:-& At least it was reassuring to see it swim away eventually.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I didn't know we were delineating between boot and zombie fish, my bad ;)

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:41 pm

[quote="natetreat"]I didn't know we were delineating between boot and zombie fish, my bad ]

No, that's just my personal little quirk. I think most consider boots and zombies the same. I consider zombies moldy fish while boots are at least without mold and just generally ripe. Often real ripe.:-&

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

knotabassturd wrote:
natetreat wrote:I didn't know we were delineating between boot and zombie fish, my bad ]

No, that's just my personal little quirk. I think most consider boots and zombies the same. I consider zombies moldy fish while boots are at least without mold and just generally ripe. Often real ripe.:-&
AHahahaha, yea, the other one I caught was less zombie, more boot then. But that zombie was pretty hagard too, after I freed him from all that line he probably felt a thousand times better.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:54 am

Got to go out for one more trip today . Caught a NASTY zombie chum. Gonna post a pic later.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Here is a rare boot indeed! This is a native fish I caught today at the mouth of the Cedar. I sure do hope that these runs will recover to allow a limited fishery someday.
Attachments
Lk_Wash_Coho.jpg
Lk_Wash_Coho.jpg (36.9 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 am

You call that a boot? That looks like table fare to me! (had it not been illegal to keep)
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Here's a boot for yah! We were fishing Lake Washington for cutts about 2 weeks ago and we picked up this big old boot sockeye buck on the downrigger at about 35 feet. He hit on a 000 dodger with a red wedding ring and whole night crawler on it. My buddy was fighting it to the boat and we both just laughed in amazement when we realized it was a ZOMBIE sockeye. In the pix you can clearly see the dodger, and the wedding ring.

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

dogfish7
Petty Officer

Post by dogfish7 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Now that is bootylicious.....

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 pm

heres another this was alll the way up near reiter
Attachments
fish_033_Medium.jpg
fish_033_Medium.jpg (99.3 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Heres a pretty ugly chum .
Attachments
Zombie_Chum.zip
(37.33 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 pm

curado wrote:heres another this was alll the way up near reiter
I been wondering if the eggs from those boot/zombify fish are still good? Or would they still have any eggs left? Don't want to keep one to find out. Wondering if you knew or anyone?

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:39 pm

King hunter there is a reason those fish look like that, and it us because they either have or are very close to spawning. Having said that, the eggs therefore have been either extruded already or are very large and loose ready to fall...