Brads Cut Pugs

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jaksonbrown
Warrant Officer

Brads Cut Pugs

Post by Jaksonbrown » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 am

Has anyone ever tried these plugs in the river? I hadnt seen them yet, but a few guys were having some luck with them in the Salt and were really raving about them.

The box they come in says that you can cast and back bounce them and obviously troll them as well.

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Brads Cut Pugs

Post by G-Man » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 am

They can be fished just like a real cut plug herring. I've even hooked into fish while mooching with them, I think the standard size is just a bit big for use in the Sound. The mini, 3" version, should be great once they release it for Puget Sound salmon and Lake Washington cutts.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 am

I have only ran cut plugs in the CR. I wouldn't be wasting my time casting these guys in the rivers but that is just me. I would rather cast stuff iknow I would have better luck on..............but I have had no luck on fish for awhile som maybe I should try something diffrent.

Jaksonbrown
Warrant Officer

Post by Jaksonbrown » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 am

The only fish I saw come into my marina (Bayside) all weekend were caught on Brads..... I havent tried them yet, just wondering if anyone was using them in the rivers with any luck.

leif-liden
Petty Officer

Post by leif-liden » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am

They work well.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A fishing pole is a stick with a hook at one end and a fool on the other."

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

Like scott said I think they put the casting/backtrolling stuff on there to entice the Columbia River crowd, specifically for springer fishing since the use of herring is so prominent. They could work in other settings though, I don't see why not. Sometimes unorthodox methods produce strikes when fishing for salmon in the river.... you never know what will work.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."