Seattle~ La Nina worst ever!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishingboy
Commander

Seattle~ La Nina worst ever!

Post by fishingboy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:55 pm

From rumors- and facts and such Seattle is gonna have a really bad winter with possible alot of Snow! Making Western/E. Washington to a standstill at times! and making Steelhead fishing harder to fish/ and get to! #-o [cursing] [cursing] Saying is that so, September started somewhat, dry and coolish temperatures, within the last 3 weeks we have had mild, and humid nights and days then above average rainfall for a WHOLE weekend in Sept. Compared to the whole month of sept. and october may starts with a lamb and warmer temps. the November is a longer story. Saying, temps to possibly 5 degrees F. and 2 feet of snow in DT seattle and the COnvergence zone area and/or Hood canal would have beyond 2 feet of snow! what are your thoughts about it?
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Seattle~ La Nina worst ever!

Post by Amx » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm

News said Sept. was the wettest on record, with many days of record rain. So much for a dry month.

La Nina = "Ah good" = good weather.

El Nino = OH CRAP!" = bad weather.

But we'll see when it gets here.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Be prepared is my thought.
Lee

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Its been a while since we had a bad winter over here in E. WA.... Were due! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Sellis, you must have some type of memory loss. I recall the Spokane area having a bad winter a couple of years ago.
As for heavy snowfall and crappy weather, I say bring it on! Anything that may discourage folks from living/moving here gets a :thumright from me!

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 pm

We are due for a bad winter I think!

Rivers will be blown out down here just when the fish are in good:-({|=

But as long as the snow stays up around the Seattle area I don't mind too much

Fish bite good in high muddy water!!!:cheers:

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:22 pm

G-Man wrote:Sellis, you must have some type of memory loss. I recall the Spokane area having a bad winter a couple of years ago.
As for heavy snowfall and crappy weather, I say bring it on! Anything that may discourage folks from living/moving here gets a :thumright from me!
Your correct, last winter if my memory serves me correct, but Wenatchee and Spokane are totally different areas. We have that rain shadow effect here and the storms gather their strength over the flat lands, I90 corridor. The winter of 94 or 95 was the last year we had to shovel off the roofs.
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:48 pm

sellis_414 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Sellis, you must have some type of memory loss. I recall the Spokane area having a bad winter a couple of years ago.
Your correct, last winter if my memory serves me correct, but Wenatchee and Spokane are totally different areas. We have that rain shadow effect here and the storms gather their strength over the flat lands, I90 corridor. The winter of 94 or 95 was the last year we had to shovel off the roofs.
Wasn't last winter, it was the two winters prior. Last winter we enjoyed 40° temps almost all winter long. Made for some great "winter" fishing trips to Lake Roosevelt, even on New Year's Day. :cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm

fishingboy wrote:From rumors- and facts and such Seattle is gonna have a really bad winter with possible alot of Snow! Making Western/E. Washington to a standstill at times! and making Steelhead fishing harder to fish/ and get to! #-o [cursing] [cursing] Saying is that so, September started somewhat, dry and coolish temperatures, within the last 3 weeks we have had mild, and humid nights and days then above average rainfall for a WHOLE weekend in Sept. Compared to the whole month of sept. and october may starts with a lamb and warmer temps. the November is a longer story. Saying, temps to possibly 5 degrees F. and 2 feet of snow in DT seattle and the COnvergence zone area and/or Hood canal would have beyond 2 feet of snow! what are your thoughts about it?
I'd be interested in hearing your facts.....

Who's predicting 5 degree temps and 2 feet of snow in Seattle, when its still September??

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Call me crazy, but I would love a good snow. It always brings back good memories.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I`m not a believer in a spanish making or breaking our seasons. Not a racist person just saying. Whatever comes comes and what doesn`t doesn`t. I wake up in the morning and predict the weather better then the forecasters around here. So to predict this far out is nuts.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Yup, two years ago Spokane got hit hard.

12/27/08- Just to the left of the telephone pole is a car parked on the street.[laugh] The red flag was marking the fire hydrant in my yard.
Attachments
PC275124_1.JPG
PC275124_1.JPG (177.44 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm

If there is snow on the ground the rivers won't be blown and that means STEELHEAD! All that water locked up in snow = beautiful rivers and bundling up tight.

Plus, who doesn't love SNOWBOARDING!

Bring on the snow, I ain't scurred.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 am

I hope it snows like crazy from about mid November through February. I hate that we hardly ever get decent snowfall on the west side so I’m hoping we get hit hard by it this winter.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:26 am

I agree with ya Dave. If it`s gonna be cold and rainy at 35 or 36 it might as well snow. When I moved here a number of years ago from the south it snowed often. Now we rarely see it global warming????????? I don`t want to get anyone started on that subject.:rambo:

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 am

Not getting much snow is nowmal here. I'm predicting a year similar to 2 years with all that snow. Atleast I hope so just got a new truck, and want to play.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:35 am

I have lived in the tacoma/fircrest area my whole life, I know that it snows about every two years here. 2008 was one of the very few years I saw snow after christmas.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:52 am

We're doomed... DOOMED I tell you! AAAHHHHH!!!!!!:pale: :shaking:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:58 am

I've lived in south King co. my whole life and back in the 60's we got alot more snow than we do now. It seemed like it always snowed in the winter, not now thou.

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:59 am

From what I read and heard;

La Nina~ wet and colder then normal

El Nino~ Dry and Warmer then normal!

5 degree reading were in november of 1955 in seattle and the two feet of snow thing happened in 1995 and 1996! Also in 1996 we had also had a big ice storm following the snowstorm the collapse the roof of the marina in Edmonds and blew out power for thousands of people! It was right after Christmas! meaning that though... if we keep up with this 70 degrees+ and sunny, then we might get hit with a snowstorm of the history of seattle( which I think/predict is going to happened) other than that it also could be 45 degrees + all winter!:-k :-k :-k :-# :-" :-$ :-& :-({|= #-o
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs