Info. on the seeplakes at potholes.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bazzdude
Petty Officer

Info. on the seeplakes at potholes.

Post by bazzdude » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:31 am

well i have heard roomers that some of the seep lakes in the potholes area are going to be killed off the bass to make them trout lakes(stupid idea if you ask me) well i was woundering if it is tru and what lakes this has happened to yet. I want to make a weekend trip over there for some bassing in lake like hutchidson and long and maybe even soda but doubtfull on that one since i have a small 12' aluminum with a trolling motor and have not had much luck there. So if anyone has any info. that would be great. O, how is the fishing in lind coolie etc been latlely? the fishing should start picking up again about now right? i am not very familiar with the end of the year bassing, i do better in the early spring. any tips on that matter would be nice as well. ok stay safe out there everyone.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Info. on the seeplakes at potholes.

Post by Amx » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 am

Yup. We never said everyone in that dept. was smart.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I haven't heard about this rumor. But I know some of the seep lakes don't have bass anyways, maybe they have killed off bass in some of them before? I doubt they will kill off some of the smaller ponds that don't even have names, which can have some real hogs if you know where to go!

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Ask Stacey, if she does not know the answer she will put on her detective hat and find out for you.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm

She already said that those who are in charge in that area are looking into poisoning the seep lakes. I asked, she said, but it's still a stupid idea.
Tom.

Interests: living

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 pm

They poison alot of those smaller lakes every few years. Alot of those lakes become stunted so they poison and replant them.

bazzdude
Petty Officer

Post by bazzdude » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 pm

ok, well i bet they do that stuff but i know they dont in my consistant bassin lakes such as hutchinson and long because i have cought a lot of nice sized bass in those lakes, and also long is connected via cannels. I was hoping for some more specific info on witch areas(bodies of water) have been killed off recently. If no one has solid answers i will still like some info on the fishing on the resivore such as lind coolie etc... i am itchin for some fishin. Stay safe out there.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:29 am

Dude, You should be over there this weekend? There's been a good bite on everywhere. Ive been over there quit a bit the last several weeks and its ben good. Potholes and Lind Coulee. I wouldn't get to worked up over the kill offs. They have been managing the Seep Lakes for trout for years. I've been fishing there since the 60's as a kid. Theres way more opportunity for bass over there these days than you know. Nothing beats time on the water.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 pm

FYI, latest release from the WDFW:

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

September 13, 2010

Rule change for Grant County lakes
scheduled for rehabilitation

Action: Temporarily remove daily limits and size restrictions for game fish species and adjust seasons on Grant County lakes scheduled for rehabilitation this fall.

Effective start date/time: September 14, 2010.

Species affected: All game fish.

Locations:

Heart, June, North-North Windmill, North Windmill, Windmill, Canal, and Pit Lakes: No daily limit, no size restriction on all game fish from September 14 through October 3. Closed to fishing from October 4 until January 31, 2011.
North and South Teal Lakes: No daily limit, no size restriction for all game fish from September 14 through October 3. Closed to fishing from October 4 until April 1, 2011.
Martha, Upper Caliche, Lower Caliche, and West Caliche Lakes: No daily limit, no size restriction on all game fish from September 14 through October 10. Closed to fishing from October 11 until March 1, 2011.
Reason for action: These lakes are scheduled for rehabilitation using rotenone to eradicate undesirable fish species. Licensed anglers may harvest remaining game fish prior to rehabilitation.

Other information: Rehabilitations start the day after these lakes close to fishing. Anglers may not gather fish from these lakes during or after rehabilitations.

Information contact: Chad Jackson, District Fish Biologist (509-754-4624, ext. 250) or Jeff Korth, Region 2 Fish Program Manager (509-754-4624, ext. 224).

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 am

Well there ya go. Good info rseas. Looks like it's a free for all

bazzdude
Petty Officer

Post by bazzdude » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm

hey ya, good info.I am glad to see that my lakes i go to are not on that list.But i do know that widmill has some decent bass in it. I might just have to make a trip up there with a buddy and give him all my fish. Thanks and be safe out there. Any one hear anymore on the fishing latly?