Trout fishing locations for family

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
davidhood
Angler

Trout fishing locations for family

Post by davidhood » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello all-

I've been looking for a great family fishing lake that is small, not too crowded for me and my family and has easy access by small car to go to. We live in the JBLM complex. We've done the American Lake thing, and have driven around and found nothing that we can access without being a someones property. Can any one please help me out?

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

RE:Trout fishing locations for family

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 pm

might be worth the drive down to offut ...they are a sponcer u can click on their ad...
cant get any easier than that

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:16 am

I would also reccomend Lake Offut. Great little trout lake, plus they have a U-fish so if the kids do get skunked, they can pull a few fish out of that for a fee. There is also Wolf Haven close by, pretty much just an all wolf zoo. The lake isnt far from you either and there is a couple more trout lakes in the area

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 am

Ditto on Offut, great lake to fish, the staff is very cool, and you can rent a pontoon or a boat, if not, fishing from the dock is excellent as well.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:06 am

Again I will say Offut it is the best trout lake in Thurston Co. in my opinion.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

The last time we went there it was super windy, and we basically caught 3 nice ones "accidently" :cheers: