"THE MAYFIELD OPEN" 5th Annual Tiger Musky Tournament

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Dex
Lieutenant

RE:"THE MAYFIELD OPEN" 5th Annual Tiger Musky Tournament

Post by Dex » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 am

Tell us more about it......

ND
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 am

We decided to make a weekend out of it. Stayed Sunday night too. We started out on the flats just N.E. of the Hwy 12 bridge. Had a nice follow there as a monster assended behind my lure as it hit the boat. We stayed there for another 30 min trying to coax him back up. We decided to move farther N.E. and slowly worked our way along the S & E sides of the lake. Water was cold in the marina but warmed up by noon in the flats. Most of the Musky Ellen and I saw were in the flats at the far East end of the lake and most were 36inch and smaller with 6-9 of them being newly stocked babys. Sunday and Monday we stayed in the flats at the N.E. end of the lake. Total Muskys spoted was over 2 dozen.

1 Musky Caught
11 teams (I think)

Winning musky was 44 inches.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Muskies are such fickle creatures aren't they?! Sorry you didn't catch any and weird that you only saw small ones up on the flats. The N.E. flats in the sunshine are what I remember and liked about Mayfield from the first time Bill and I went there even though we didn't catch a thing. We saw huge muskies laying beside the stumps way back before the first tournament on Mayfield was even thought of. Glad you had a nice weekend of it anyhow.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Agreed,

I'm sure a great time was has by all, and I guess at the end of the day that’s the important thing. Looking forward to getting back next month so I can start getting frustrated by theses fickle creatures too...LOL

Thanks for the Update RaMcVey.

ND
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”