new end on ultralite rod

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
fishinator
Petty Officer

new end on ultralite rod

Post by fishinator » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:13 pm

I posted this thread once but didn't get any answers. I think I put it in the wrong category. Anyway I broke the tip off of my 6'6" Quantam Ultralite and was wondering if I cut it down to the next eyelet and bought an eyelet to cap the end with, if it would hurt the integrity of the rod. Does it still peform correctly?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:new end on ultralite rod

Post by Toni » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:31 am

I have always just put a tip (bought at walmart or like store) on the broken part. The problem is buying the right size. Last time I took it to Dons custom rods in Tacoma and had him do it. I had a couple to do and he did a great job.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:44 am

I have always just put a tip (bought at walmart or like store) on the broken part. The problem is buying the right size. Last time I took it to Dons custom rods in Tacoma and had him do it. I had a couple to do and he did a great job.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 am

If you take it back to the next guide you will end up with a heavyer action.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe