WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishnislife
Admiral

WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Who will be there:

1. fishnislife +2 - side dish (still thinking), condiments, plates and napkins
2. michaelunbewust - hamburger
3. Bigbass Dez - hotdogs
4. cmesslingo7 +1
5. CK14
6. ChrisB +1
7. Silent Angler +1
8. Bodofish + Mrs. Bodofish - potato salad
9. tnj8222
11. Jacob
12. bassackwards +4
13. EdmondsBassMan
Attachments
fishing_bbq.jpg
fishing_bbq.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Alright WashingtonLakes.com members, a bbq social is taking place at Coulon Park on Lake Washington Saturday September 15th at 12:00pm (high noon). Rain or shine (hopefully shine) we will all be getting together to meet and put faces to names. Bring your friends and family and come meet you favorite animated characters of WashingtonLakes.com.

The address is 1201 Lake Washington Boulevard North, Renton 98055

Fishing will begin at 7am when the park opens.

Shore bound fisherman have the option of fishing the docks or hooking up with someone else going who has a boat and getting a back seat.

Boaters can launch at Coulon Park boat launch for $10 at anytime, even before 7am if you’d like. (correct me if I am wrong on the fee)

Please post up if you will be coming, how many people you will be coming with and what you’re bringing to the bbq. Don’t forget to bring your football, baseball and glove, horseshoes, volleyball, swimsuit (speedo for me) and towel, and sunblock.

There will also be a donation bucket for WashingtonLakes.com there. This will be a chance to give back to the site that has given you so much. All donations will go to Mike and Aaron for website development and future events.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 am

Wow, sounds like a great time!!! Was going to skip my Pot Holes trny and come to this till I re-read the post and saw the part about the Speedo :-&

Launch is indeed $10 if you are not a Renton resident, don't recall what the resident rate is. Launch is open 24 hours there.

Hope ya'll get a great turn out and have a great time.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:20 am

cool deal! i would like to toss myself into the back seat of someone's boat hat. so, if anyone has room for one, let me know. i will bring 20 lbs. of hamburger meat for bbq. who do i let know this?

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 am

No need to ask "IM ALREADY THERE" Let me know if you need help in any way ... what lake is over there ? never been to this park before however it's only like 10 min from my house ..im excited already ... BBD...:compress:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Paul & Sammi
Petty Officer

Post by Paul & Sammi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am

Great Idea! I wish we could come but its too many miles of road for us to look at. Maybe next year.

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am

I'd love to go but I have to work that weekend, WHAAAAAAAA :-({|= We'll see how next year pans out. POUT.[-o<

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:55 pm

I'll be there fishing in the morning and with my wife and kid at the bbq.

I'll bring hotdogs, buns, condiments, plates and napkins.

I too am looking for a backseat if anyone has room for a fishing fool. I will split gas and launch fee with ya.
Hit me up. I am also down to go real early as well.

michaelunbewust- Im looking for someone to coordinate the bbq right now. But just posting it and letting everyone know what your bringing is perfect. We'll just keep a running tab of who's bringing what until I can find someone.

I am also looking for someone else to help me with the events side of it. I have some cool ideas but need a little help getting things rolling. Shoot me a PM if you are willing to help.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Warrant Officer

Post by Jacob » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:58 pm

sounds awesome, what are the majority of you gonna be fishing for?

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:20 am

sounds like a great time, i'd be there but i have to work which seems to be the norm this year for me. hope you all will have a blast and hope to see some pictures!! <')//<

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:33 am

Awesome idea, As I look at my calender the 15th is a Wed. Please tell me your not talking about the 18th. I've got to go out of town for a wedding! Argh!!
Check that date, and let us know again.

Chris
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:11 pm

SCHOOL #-o

cmessling07
Petty Officer

Post by cmessling07 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:06 pm

sounds like a good ol time. i cant say ill be there for sure, but most likely ill show up. my buddy and i might bring our little boat and we can squeeze a third person in there. its a 10' fiberglass with a nice little 5hp johnson. instead of someone paying gas, if one of the bass fisherman would like to teach us the basics(were trout and salmon fishermen) we might have a deal.

ill lett ya know later if i can come for sure but if i do all bring a few 24 packs of bootleg shasta soda!

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:44 pm

quadradomus wrote:Awesome idea, As I look at my calender the 15th is a Wed. Please tell me your not talking about the 18th. I've got to go out of town for a wedding! Argh!!

Chris
september quad, not august! its a saturday

i dunno if i can make it - anyone from seattle proper or up north up for giving a guy a ride? I got gas money and bass plastics you can use :P

PS: there is a C.A.S.T. for kids even the previous week on the 8th. I'm sure they could always use a few hands...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm

quadradomus wrote:Awesome idea, As I look at my calender the 15th is a Wed. Please tell me your not talking about the 18th. I've got to go out of town for a wedding! Argh!!

Chris
Time too get another calender ...lol... SEP 15 TH IS THE THIRD SATURDAY IN SEPTEMBER... BE THERE OR BE SQUARE !!! BBD

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Jacob wrote:sounds awesome, what are the majority of you gonna be fishing for?

Dont get the wrong impression Bud , this maily a get together not a tourney .. we are just getting all of us togehter in one spot to meet and great and if you choose to fish HAVE AT IT !! .. BBD :cheers:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm

HEY there guys i'v been working with Fishnislife and offering some help to make this fun day for all that can attend.. If you cant make it we understand , if you can make it we are looking to do a POT LUCK type presention with the foods, games , fishing etc ..However dont feel like you have to bring something to show up , its all up to you .. What we DONT want is a over abundance of the same things i.e. soda , chips , paperplates etc .. So if you guys dont mind please p.m. me or Fishnislife directly with any offerings and we will respond !!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR EVERYTHING that you folks do for the event and what we are hopeing for is that this can be a annual event and even bigger next year .. We dont anticipate a large turn out for this is a last minute type event ... any questions or concerns lets know and we will be send updates up untill the day of the event ....BBD :king:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Just a thought, but is it possible for Mike or Aaron to put something up on the main page. I can't speak for others but this particular room is not one that I frequent very often (maybe once a month) and just happened to get lucky and stumble upon the post right after it was made. Can't help but believe there are many others that are like me. Maybe by putting the flyer up on the main page it will help to up the numbers. Just a thought.

I would really like to attend this one, but unfortunately already had fishing plans for that weekend. Really hoping this works out and becomes an annual event.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:58 pm

I would presume not, but do you have to pay for launching at Coulon if you have a car topper. I have a 2007 Basshound 10.2 with a 50 lb thrust electric and two optima batteries that I can slip in the back of my f-150 and was wondering if the launch fee only applied to trailered rigs. If I came, it would probably be with a non-forum friend, and would bring chips or whatever. The only thing that stands in the way as of this moment for me is the Pink Salmon season. If it is good I may be to busy to attend because it only comes every other year. I may still attend anyways though, I will keep you posted.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

mallard83 wrote:I would presume not, but do you have to pay for launching at Coulon if you have a car topper. I have a 2007 Basshound 10.2 with a 50 lb thrust electric and two optima batteries that I can slip in the back of my f-150 and was wondering if the launch fee only applied to trailered rigs. If I came, it would probably be with a non-forum friend, and would bring chips or whatever. The only thing that stands in the way as of this moment for me is the Pink Salmon season. If it is good I may be to busy to attend because it only comes every other year. I may still attend anyways though, I will keep you posted.

I will check this out for you and others and follow back in the near future .. great point .. i have a pontoon boat so i understand your concerns .. BBD
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”