Angle Lake???

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Angle Lake???

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 am

I was just looking at the plant schedule:
KING County
ANGLE LK (KING)
Mar 09 RAINBOW 5,000 3.50 PUYALLUP HATCHER

I was thinking of hitting the lake on Monday, never been there. Has anyone fished there, and is it a year round lake? They only thing I have heard is that it's a super deep lake and you need like a 7-9 ft lead, ugh.

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Angle Lake???

Post by G-Man » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:08 am

It's not what I would consider a deep lake. Max depth is about 50 feet and is located in the main body of the lake. It contains a multitude of species and has a decent launch. The water condition will dictate what leader length you need so adjust accordinly once you get there. If you are after trout, I don't think you need to be fishing all that deep. This time of year, trolling just below the surface should do the trick. If you are going to be still fishing, I'd stay in water 20' or shallower.

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 am

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll just be fishing from shore, or a dock if they have one.
Probably start around 4 or 5 ft lead and see how that goes. Definetely going for trout.:chef:

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 am

Yep its year round and there is a Sea Tac park on the lake. There is a nice little dock, but its not very big and gets pretty packed after it gets stocked. I would start off with about an oz of lead and launch it out as far as you can. Use about a 4' leader and 2 yellow power eggs smeared with Pautzke krill grease. Or smaller sized darker colored spinners, you almost need 4# line and a ultra light rod for the spinner set up to work. I live a few blocks away, but didnt fish it a whole lot last year so all tips are from 2 years ago. Some years there are some decent hold overs and some years, it seems, the kokanee are all about 16". But in all honesty if you get a limit of stockers consider yourself lucky.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I haven't fished it much since they stopped planting Kokanee. It used to be a great Kokanee lake. The fish were larger than most around here.
The dock isn't the best place for trout IMO, but they do get some there. It can be good trolling once the water warms up. I would go slow and shallow for now and deeper as the weather improves.

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for all the tips guys, went out there yesterday, did a little C&R w/the stockers, all were pretty skinny, and around 7". Yet, some people choose to keep them :scratch:
Oh well, seems corny to keep a skinny trout like that instead of letting it grow a little/get thicker etc.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:28 pm

I guess they didn't stop planting Angle lake with Kokanee they just took a couple years off!

Angle Lake
KO 35,000 ( fry planted in 08 for this years fishery)

See you out there.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm

I caught a nice baitcaster and rod out there last summer, had only been in the water for a day or two. Hooked it in about 20 feet of water tossing jigs for bass.

:cheers:
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)