Wtb or trade for cheap used 8wt fly reel

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
jonb
Commander

Wtb or trade for cheap used 8wt fly reel

Post by jonb » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Not looking for anything fancy, it just needs to hold line and have a working drag... ill over look dings and scratches, i dont care what brand it is, i do want it to have line on it. It will be used on a one hander 8wt rod i plan to use for humpies this year. Im looking for a reel in the $20 range, or trade flies for it, i would prefer to trade flies though. It would be best if you are in the everett vicinity, so i can meet you to make the deal. Pm or comment for details or questions. Thanks for your time and concideration.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Cascadian
Petty Officer

Re: Wtb or trade for cheap used 8wt fly reel

Post by Cascadian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Check Cabelas... They often have their Wind River fly reels on sale for $19.99 and they have a large version for 8-9wt rods. I have used several of these reels for a few years and they have held up well and are impressive aluminum reels for the money.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 pm

There is a household consignment shop katty-corner to that 7-11 by me.

A guy dropped off maybe 25 various old reels in there 2 weeks ago. I'll try and stop and see if there was an 8 wt. i know there were some smaller fly reels.
Also.... That outdoor/sporting good store just 1 block west of Aurora, on 196th in Lynnwood... They have A TON of very cheap/used reels of all sorts under the glass counter in fishing section.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Cool thanks man, ill have to check that out.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.