GPS Fish Finder

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
AJ's Dad
Commodore

GPS Fish Finder

Post by AJ's Dad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 am

I have a couple of decent fish finders on my boat but I'm looking to upgrade. I don't need a $1500 locator, just something with side and down finder imaging and GPS.
I know a lot of times guys will buy a boat and upgrade the fish finders that came on them, to the latest technology. I'm hoping to find someone that has a good working unit for sale.
If you have a GPS fish finder sitting on the shelf becasue you upgraded, or if you have a good one and want to upgrade. Contact me with what you have. Maybe we can make a deal. I currently have a fairly new Lowrance Gen 5 but it doesn't have GPS.

Lou Smith
Petty Officer

Re: GPS Fish Finder

Post by Lou Smith » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Last spring I did a LOT of comparative research on all SI units and found the best bang for the buck was the Humminbird 598ci HD SI (dual cone 20/60, down imaging, side imaging, SD card slot, 4K watts). They retail at 799.99, but shop ebay and you can find them down to $600 (new, factory-sealed, warranty). The only thing I am sorry about is not having enough money to go up to the 898 or 998.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: GPS Fish Finder

Post by AJ's Dad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I agree the 598 is a great unit. I had one on the Ranger I just sold. Humminbird did a great job for me when I dropped it and broke it. I sent it in and for $145 they replaced everything inside and sent it back.