Lakewood PD Fallen Officer's Fund

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Lakewood PD Fallen Officer's Fund

Post by kevinb » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:44 pm

I don't think I need to explain what this is about...just a sad day for law enforcement and the community.
I know we have several members here that work in the criminal justice field/law enforcement,I just wanted to extend
my most heartfelt thanks and gratitude for your service,as a firefighter,I'm proud to work with you and to know
that you folks are there for us.:salut:

The link is for folks to make donations to the fallen officer's family,every amount helps and is deeply appreciated.
http://police.cityoflakewood.us/
http://www.lpig.us/

As for the suspect,well,I'll save my opinions for another day. Now needs to be the time to support
the Officer's loved ones and their brother's and sister's in law enforcement.

Thanks again for your service
Kevin

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Lakewood PD Fallen Officer's Fund

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:19 pm

This tragedy is beyond comprehension. I just don't get it......... why? Are we becoming such a violent society that we are imploding within ourselves? The frequency of these incidents have been increasing dramatically in the last few years.

ndn
Petty Officer

Post by ndn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 pm

According to News Reports, the killer had six felony convictions in the State of Washington. What happened to three strikes and Your out? Also ,when He was released on bail last week, there was a open warrant for His Arrest for violation of Parole in Arkansas.Conviction of Parole violation in Arkansas would have put Him back in jail to comlete His life sentence.

Something is wrong with Our Criminal Justice System.

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:28 pm

The president of the Lakewood Police Independent Guild said it best...

"This morning a complete coward and threat upon all of society took the lives of four of my Guild members and your sworn protectors in a cold blooded assassination. As I write this I am numb. We were dealt a nasty blow, good men and women I have had the honor of knowing for years are senselessly gone. There is no way to comprehend it, to validate it, or to make sense of any of it. You cannot understand evil like this, as a community we must form a solid bond against criminals and hold them accountable. I know my members and can say with certainty that as a group we will remain professional and will continue to work to protect those of you we have taken an oath to protect."

God bless all the family members of these 4 fallen officers. My heart and prayers go out to their families!

The search is on now for that damn killer and he deserves to get everything he has dished out!
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:13 am

SEATTLE - The man suspected of gunning down four police officers in a suburban coffee shop was shot and killed by Seattle police early Tuesday, a sheriff's spokesman said.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police- ... 10277.html
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

A mile and a half from my house. I sat home last night with my revolver and the outside flood lights on .Its some scarey stuff happening out there.I salute the fallen officers and their families have my sympathy. I really feel for families that lose loved ones to senseless crimes.I
m so happy they shot this piece of %$#@.I hope they Rest In Peace knowing their assailant wont harm anyone else.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Pradeep
Warrant Officer

Post by Pradeep » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 pm

With heavy hearts at least as of this morning we can say that the trash has been taken out. Maybe, just maybe the results of this morning will help the grieving families and friends of the fallen officers. At least they will never have to go through a trial and have to look over at the SOB that caused them all this hurt. No risk for a mistrial or anything else crazy.
I heard that the services will be on Tuesday at the Tacoma dome, another opportunity for the families to continue with their healing. Again, we can only hope that the outpouring of support from the community and the show of respect that they will undoubtedly receive on Tuesday will somehow take away just a little bit of their pain.
RIP Lakewood 4.

Pradeep.

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:This tragedy is beyond comprehension. I just don't get it......... why? Are we becoming such a violent society that we are imploding within ourselves? The frequency of these incidents have been increasing dramatically in the last few years.
Yes, somewhat. (what follows is a conglomeration of my thoughts, so if you don't like bouncing around, stop reading now)

There are so many factors I can't even pretend that I could list them all.

I moved back here from Europe in March 2005 after getting out of the Army. I lived in a nice neighborhood in a $270k house. We lived there for over a year and during that year NOT ONE SINGLE 'NEIGHBOR' came over to say hi or introduce themselves.

I'd be willing to bet that many communicate with people on these forums more often than you talk to people that live within a stone's throw of your home.

Every day 'parents' let their teenage punks run around doing whatever they want, teaching them no respect, no honor, no decency - letting their sons dress like girls (those skinny pants with the whole 'emo' look) and their daughters dress like strippers. Then those same parents run to the school board when a teacher yells at THEIR kid, because THEIR kid doesn't deserve THAT kind of treatment.

You know what disrespect and no accountability as a youth turns into? Criminals when they become adults.

How many kids do you know with a father figure in their lives? A GOOD father figure, that spends more than 1 or 2 weekends a month with them? Kids with bad parents have a higher risk to grow up being bad people too. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

If you answered "lots" to that one - then dig a little deeper: How many parents do you know that BOTH work, and allow their children to be raised by the TV, internet, and the other punk kids running around with them? Or allow them to be raised by rap or rock and play video games like grand theft auto, or watch all these reality TV shows that are anything BUT real, or even worse, shows like 'sex and the city' or all the shows that glorify gang life, teenage pregnancy, etc. etc.?

What about all these idiots (yep, idiots) that think criminals can be rehabilitated? What's wrong with these morons?

Our criminal justice system is broken. It's designed to protect the criminal. Then once they are convicted they somehow manage to get out like this guy (yes, I know many of them don't actually get out) - a product of funding constraints and terrible choices by psychiatrists, judges, elected officials, parole boards - the list goes on. Lets not forget accountability- I bet these criminals wouldn't be back out if the person who let them out early was accountable when the criminal re-offends.

Who can honestly tell me that I should have to look at a website for level 3 sex offenders so I know who to look out for in my neighborhood? WHY THE HELL IS SOMEONE CONVICTED OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT EVER ALLOWED OUT OF A CELL?

My favorite people are the gun control advocates. What criminal ever gets their gun legally?

Why is it illegal to punch someone in their face? Sure it's unsophisticated, but sometimes people need a good punch to the face - but you know, these days that could result in a shooting.

In general, people aren't held accountable for their actions and decisions - everyone feels they are "entitled" to so many things these days. I HATE that word.

Like I said, I can't list all the reasons I think things are bad, but hopefully I got your brain spinning.

I too am happy that this ...animal is now dead. Unfortunately, he was able to put his failed genetics back into the gene pool before he was removed.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:34 pm

bionic_one I totaly agree with you.
Tom.

Interests: living

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:01 pm

this i becoming a very meesed up world aint it. thanks for serving bionic one
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

ZaraSpook
Petty Officer

Post by ZaraSpook » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:38 pm

spot on bionic

Pradeep
Warrant Officer

Post by Pradeep » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Bionic - Very well said.

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:13 pm

I have taken it upon myself to honor the 4 officers by having some blue Christmas lights incorporated with the other lights on my house. I wrote LPD (Lakewood Police Dept.) in Blue C-9 bulbs on my roof for everyone to see in memory of these 4 couragous officers.

I feel its the least I could do and hope to spread the word for everyone to hang blue lights or something blue in honor of these individuals.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fetha Styx Associate

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:43 am

Bionic_one-

Let's not forget the all mighty Youtube. Just out of curiosity, I did a search to see how many videos would come up and it is disturbing. These are the results on one simple search.....

“police brutality” results 1 - 20 of about 51,900 videos

Any action taken by law enforcement is now being recorded by people on the street with camera phones and then posted on the internet. Regardless of the actions taken, they are most likely tagged "Brutality" and viewed by people like Clemmons. All of the viewer ratings are 5 star ratings. The number of views for these videos is astounding.

The internet is a wonderful invention, but unfortunately is is allowing seeds of hatred to be sown that will have a lasting effect on our society.

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 am

Marc Martyn wrote:Bionic_one-

Let's not forget the all mighty Youtube. Just out of curiosity, I did a search to see how many videos would come up and it is disturbing. These are the results on one simple search.....

“police brutality” results 1 - 20 of about 51,900 videos

Any action taken by law enforcement is now being recorded by people on the street with camera phones and then posted on the internet. Regardless of the actions taken, they are most likely tagged "Brutality" and viewed by people like Clemmons. All of the viewer ratings are 5 star ratings. The number of views for these videos is astounding.

The internet is a wonderful invention, but unfortunately is is allowing seeds of hatred to be sown that will have a lasting effect on our society.

A lot of people that are watching those give them 5 stars because they think it's funny to watch the offenders get smacked or tazed. I myself am guilty of laughing a LOT at the kid that got zapped by the campus police yelling "don't taze me bro!"
Lee

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

kevinb wrote:I don't think I need to explain what this is about...just a sad day for law enforcement and the community.
I know we have several members here that work in the criminal justice field/law enforcement,I just wanted to extend
my most heartfelt thanks and gratitude for your service,as a firefighter,I'm proud to work with you and to know
that you folks are there for us.:salut:

The link is for folks to make donations to the fallen officer's family,every amount helps and is deeply appreciated.
http://police.cityoflakewood.us/
http://www.lpig.us/

As for the suspect,well,I'll save my opinions for another day. Now needs to be the time to support
the Officer's loved ones and their brother's and sister's in law enforcement.

Thanks again for your service
Kevin
Thanks Kevin for posting these links. A horrible tragedy. The big article today was about how many people (frineds, family members) helped the criminal try to escape. I hope they hand down a lot of lengthly sentences when it's all said and done.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

As the list of individuals who has aided this low life piece of trash continues to grow....well,again...
I've already said to much,I did not know these officers personally but this hits home...a little to close,I've already
gotten to know a little about them through my friends,who'm are in law enforcement and I recently attended my brother in-law's police academy graduation(Tacoma PD)
I have plenty to say about the situation(s) regarding the suspect and his so called "helpers" and I echo the responses
above but for now,its also important to show our support to the officer's family and colleagues. I have no issue
of the chatter..infact,I actually encourage it....I just feel at this time, I (myself) won't comment. I just wanted to post
the memorial info. It will be on Tuesday at 1PM at the Tacoma Dome,however,the public needs to go to Cheney
Stadium and Pierce Transit will be providing free transportation to the dome. Check the website often,as things are still
being planned out,infact,their might be plenty of fire trucks in there too.

No good comes from this...I can only hope that this might bring a better sense of community and remind us
of who we decide to cast our ballots for in November.
I would also like to add that these police officers weren't just shot but murdered.

Ok,I'm venting a bit. If your able,please attend the service and/or keep their loved ones in your thoughts and prayers.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Just giving this a bump, memorial service is tomorrow at the Tacoma Dome.
If your able to attend,come on by and show your support.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Thank you Kevin and of all of the WAlakes.com family for your support. The last four weeks have been devastating.

May God Bless The 4 Lakewood Officers, The Seattle Police Officer, And Their Families.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

kevinb wrote:Just giving this a bump, memorial service is tomorrow at the Tacoma Dome.
If your able to attend,come on by and show your support.
I'll be there.

Fetha Styx Associate