PNW Camping

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

PNW Camping

Post by fullstringer98 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey guys I haven't been on the site much for a couple of years now but I was looking to see if anyone knows of any good remote camping grounds around the pnw, in idaho, or Oregon. Something remote would be ideal but all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Usually I go to southwest Montana every year with my grandparents, however my grandpa has a back injury and can't make the drive. My dad said we could go
Anywhere and I thought this would be a heat place to ask for advice. Thanks guys and tight lines

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: PNW Camping

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Here's what I did about 30 years ago: I obtained every forest service map I could get my hands on of WA state. I just started picking places on those maps and going. Things are a bit different now, but still lots of good camping along the Eastern slopes of the cascades. Look in the National Forest areas, rivers(watersheds) running east and accessible by road are filled with campsites... Today, with the internet, you can find out tons with out a drop of gas. Here's an example of ones not too far from Redmond:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/okawen/ ... 3&actid=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My favorite is in that list, no fishing but also almost no people.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"