boat launch theifs

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:boat launch theifs

Post by racfish » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:45 pm

I sent you a PM GPC.I too have lots of crabbing gear. More then I need. If the lil guy needs a ring or pot I got some stuff he can have also.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:55 am

This would be a great time for kids to go and just watch cars at the parking areas. I would think that 10 bucks would be a fair price for this service. I would have no problem paying that. They will have to scout around at various lakes close to their home. Just need a cell phone...NO CONFRONTATION! is necessary. Just their presence will stop most theives.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Here on the east side we had a big problem last year, but, this year I havn't heard a whole lot. They busted several meth addicts last year and a couple of teenagers.
:batman:
I know I am ready to sign prop #666: The death penalty for those with more than three drug related crimes if it gets enough signutures for the ballet. The last I hear it my not start circulating untill 2011.
Well its not called Catching!

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 am

If they have anything in there hands, screwdriver or such, it is considered a weapon and you can u deadly force. please have something in your hands....... more then likely they will be held until the proper law gets there..... more then likely, hahahaha. be safe and aim straight
LIP RIPPER

Big D

Post by Big D » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am

Bass Woody wrote:If they have anything in there hands, screwdriver or such, it is considered a weapon and you can u deadly force. please have something in your hands....... more then likely they will be held until the proper law gets there..... more then likely, hahahaha. be safe and aim straight
I hope this is an attempt at humor.
I agree…Yes it sucks to be the victim of theft. I’ve been there several times.
I can now afford really great insurance.

But because a person has a weapon or potential weapon does not authorize the use of deadly force. I can't imagine what it would be like to live the rest of my life behind bars knowing that I killed someone because they took my car stereo or check book. I know that should the need arise to protect my life or the lives of anyone around me I would not hesitate to do what was needed.

After working in law enforcement in one form or another for my entire adult life one thing I’ve learned to be 100% true is that…Criminals are Stupid.

I would recommend that you simply back off, become a great witness and call 911.
That is unless your name is John Wayne.
Don't be a hero. Hero's are needed to pull old ladies, children and puppies out of burning buildings.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Well put Big D. I am sure his words are just emotion based. Just a note to let you all know that I was a victim of pot theft yesterday (08-08-09) in area 8-2. In addition, our other 3 pots were raided and empty when we pulled them. I posted a report with a vow. By the way Big D, I take it that's your Lund in the pic? Sweet boat bro! My experience yesterday just goes to show you that no one is free from being victimized.

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 am

big D it was intended to be a verbal relief, kind of like a fart, in this forum.

Talk softly and carry a big stick!

they are troubled humans and they need something to straighten them out or see the light.
I only hurt when im being hurt! being a person of law you know exactly what I mean!
take down and subdue.
LIP RIPPER

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 am

Bass Woody wrote:big D it was intended to be a verbal relief, kind of like a fart, in this forum.
Hey BW, I completely understand. Here's another option/way to deal with crime. Check out my posting in this thread:
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... orial.aspx
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D