Fellow forum user needs a rally cry of support.

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Fellow forum user needs a rally cry of support.

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 am

I want to share with some people on here a little story about someone whom I've come to know over the past few days. There is a member of this forum who is in a place in his life where he is VERY fragile, and is in need of support by his peers. The Swede has given me his consent to speak about this, so I'm not outing him on anything here.

The Swede is a very interesting guy... Admittedly I can't say that I have a long standing relationship with him. But I have spoken with him, and I think I am a fair judge of character.

Those of you who have been on this board for the past 6-9 months will remember what a HUGE amount of energy went into the debate over whether this guy was completely full of himself, all ego, or just plain a wack job. This went on for some time, and there was some pretty harsh criticism. As I've told him, I was even a person that had one time posted a negative post suggesting he was full of himself. I have completley turned 180 degrees on those thoughts.

I won't ramble on with it all.... but I told him that I feel that I've seen his true colors come out over the last 3 months or so. You people just have to know that this is a guy who is wired a little different from most people. His message is TRULY for to see people (you guys) get out there and enjoy this passion of the outdoors, as much as he has. He wants to put you on fish... give up his honey holes on the water, and set you up with whatever you need to do so.

If anybody has a feeling for sort of who Ted Nugent is, in regards to his convictions about the outdoors? Well, he and the Swede are cut from the same stone.

Due to his failing health, he is not living the life of the large Scandinavian blond guy you see in the photos.....

What I am saying here is that those of you who are believers in prayer, or just plain believers in taking a moment to pause and push forward some positive thoughts for someone... now is the time to do it for this guy. The Swede has hardly any actual family, but I can tell you that he TRULY sees fellow outdoors lovers as his family and much of his strength and support comes from those people who are... YOU! :-"

The Quadfather
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

RE:Fellow forum user needs a rally cry of support.

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:48 am

Swede, my thoughts, prayers and well wishes are for you. Both I and my family pray that throughout this time you will find comfort in knowing that there are many that sit back in awe of the kind of person you are. Being on the forums only a short time but I have seen how quickly you give a guy a pat on the back or give tips to us fishermen trying to learn so we can enjoy the sport just as you have. Thanks for all the support you have given us and I am hoping that we can lend at least a fraction of that back to you.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:01 am

I have to say I was one of those early on critics but I have grown to admire you Swede :salut: Any body who works to promote the outdoors especially getting kids outdoors is all aces :thumleft:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:15 am

Ive alwayse thought the Swede was a bit crazy, whacky and fun to read. Swede keeps things interesting and shares a ton of knowledge.

Swede, your welcome on my tub anytime! :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 am

I always have...and will always be with you Swedster. :viking:

Mav

ps.
Thanks Quad for opening this topic up.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Quad for bringing this issue to the fore, To judge anyone without knowing them is a trait we as the human race is guilty of. Sometimes There is some awsome reading, & great information under the ugly, worn, mishapen covers of some books that are dismissed as be "full of themselves". (talkin bout people here).

:salut: :joker: :jocolor: :salut:
:rambo: SO SWEEDESTER::rambo:

Hey MAN, ya know where I stand:salut: :salut: , and :thumleft: :rambo: YA still DA MAN in my books:rambo: :thumleft:

The :rambo: :viking: VIKING WARRIOR:viking: :rambo: has left a trail of bodies OF UNBELIEVERS IN HIS WAKE, and A MULTITUDE of KIDS have had an introduction into the world of fishing by, the same :viking: VIKING WARRIOR:viking:

:rambo: The "Overhand Right" is still deadly.:rambo: , so keep on swinging.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 am

Brother, I know you're in a tough spot now. I'm always here for ya. You're always in my prayers.
For those of you who don't know him I feel very sorry. I wouldn't trade my friendship for anything. At the top of the list he's a dirty rotten scoundrel, a pirate, a liar and foremost a fisherman. For all that, I love him as my brother. No one I know has a bigger heart and gives more of himself than the Swede. Fight the good fight!
All my love brother.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:31 am

Hey Quad,
I saw your post the other day directed to the Swede on my thread about the N & I Trout Pellet Fly and then I saw that you had removed what you said from the thread shortly after that. At the time I wondered why but now I understand.
I’ve found Swede’s posts to be a little quirky sometimes and I’ve had to read between the lines on more than one occasion, I just chocked it up to his Swedish accent.
I always find his posts to be entertaining, truthful, helpful, and genuine and I truly get excited when he responds to one of my questions. I don’t know if I’ll ever get to meet the Swede face to face but I’ll always have an open seat in my boat for him. Thanks Quad for starting this thread and as I stated before...
Hang in there Swedester, God Bless...I'm praying for you.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:37 am

Swede i've never met you or talked to you i just enjoy reading your posts and the way you do everything in your power to help others even strangers find fish, get fish, and enjoy the outdoors just like you.....Just wanted to say thanks and you've got my prayers. Keep your head up!
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

clam man
Warrant Officer

Post by clam man » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Swede,

I have had to develop an internal "swede decoder ring" for your posts, but full of great info and good attitude, and always a joy to read. You have given spot on advice, and offered to help someone you haven't even met. Get well brother.

Huzzah!
Clam Man

"____________"

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 am

My first reaction to Swede's posts were "This guy is crazy and boastful." Over the last year of reading his posts (on almost every topic :-& ) I too have learned that he is just a really spirited and experienced outdoorsman....and that is awesome.

Swede, I really admire your desire to introduce outdoor recreation to the next generations. This is what kids need IMO. Not malls and video games.
I might have to decipher your posts most of the time, but you're always there to lend a word of encouragement and, although they really slow down my old computer, the pictures you post are fun to see. I'm not sure what your fighting, but know my prayers are with you. You don't seem like the type to back down to anything.
God Bless,
BR

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:31 am

Swede- I wish you well my Scandinavian brother(Sorry,I'm Norwegian)
You have a great attitude,especially in the promotion of getting kids out of the house and into fishing.
Keep up the fight and thank you for all the information you have provided us.
Stay strong brother.
Kevin

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 am

The Swede is a whack job...but that's why we like him. Anyone who backpacks deer out of Spider Meadow has to be a bit whacky.

signed,

from one Spider Meadows hunter to another

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Swede you and I trade blows daily.I love ya dood.We/ve been doing the email thing. Swede and I joke with eacother and I am proud to say I'm his number 1 cupcake and I 'm proud of it.I love Swedes tanacity,and his determination.I've heard he was a bit down and out from a relative .I pray for you Swede 3 times dily at my house of worship which I attend daily and almost every evening. G-D BLESS YOU SWEDE>
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 pm

WOW...so its not just me and my 70's ruined brain? I have to read Swede's post's twice! BUT saying that his are the only ones I have printed out and put into my Explorer and taken to the sporting good shop..saying to the man behind the counter..I want THIS!! I have always enjoyed the fun banter and god I love the pictures of the fish.. That kept me sane all winter long waiting!
I promise to take all my Grand kids fishing just as much as I have always taken my Kids and when we are out, I want to meet ya brother! Power of Prayer and Positive thinking!
See ya on the water SOON!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

THERE IS ALITTLE SWEDE IN ALL OF US.THE PASSION FOR THE OUTDOORS. THEY DONT MAKE THEM LIKE SWEDE ANYMORE HES TOUGH AS NAILS!! SWEDE IS THE REAL DEAL A TRUE OUTDOORSMAN, A GREAT FAMILY MAN AND ONE HELL OF A HUMAN BEING AND WISH THERE WERE MORE SWEDES OUT THERE !!!!! HE S AS CRAZY AS THEY COME AND EVERYONE NEEDS A LITTLE OF THAT IN THERE LIVES . THAT GUY GETS A BIG THUMBS UP FROM ME, THIS GUY WOULD GIVE YA HIS LAST DOLLAR IN HIS POCKET AND THE SHIRT OFF HIS BACK. SWEDE I LOVE YA MAN STAY POSITIVE AND IF YOU NEED ANYTHING CALL ME OR EVEN IF YOU JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TOO PH 206-697-0353 CALL ME ANYTIME ITS NEVER TOO LATE OR TOO EARLY! GOD BLESS YA. PHIL
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:21 pm

swede keep fighting you have given me alot of support and new knowledge. you can fish with me any time and stand by my campfire any day.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:21 pm

:viking: SWEDE your the man. :salut: Keep your head up and keep fighting the fight brother. God Bless ya[-o<
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Sweede, you are the man! Keep Pressin'!!!!
Pressin' Fish On!

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:48 pm

i dont know you swede, and know little about you. but i do know you have passion. through the pics and the writing i know your a real man, looking for the interest of others. i hear your a bit of a whack job haha i like it though, we are all whacks lol. i mean come on how many people can really get pumped with a fish on there line.... well its us wakos. take care swede!!
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.