Christine is at it again

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Christine is at it again

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Personally I'm all over a license fee, tax what ever, increase. The only problem is the money goes into the general fund and is not used for fisheries and game management. The WDFW gets their budget just like everybody else does by fighting over the pie. Needless to say they come up short no matter how much they bring in. I say split it all up like a big corporation does and make the departments show their worth.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Perhaps I take myself too seriously. The last thing I want to do is stifle anyone's freedom of speech.
Forgiveness please?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Relax, Joe. Mike and I are just having fun.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:15 pm

yup. as they say, it's all good.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

RainbowHunter
Petty Officer

Post by RainbowHunter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 pm

If they increase the license fees it wont be all that bad. We have actually had it pretty good for several years with the fees we currently have. I remember what the license fees were like 12 years ago when we had a food fish license, gamefish license, warm water enhancement, saltwater enhancement, steelhead tag, sturgeon tag, halibut tag, .......ect. and all the other extra stuff we had to pay for it could run close to $100 dollars by the time you paid for all the different enhancements and tags. So we shouldn't be complaning about what we pay right now even if they raise it a few dollars it will still be far less that it used to cost and we should be thankful that they dont revert back to the old lincenses and fees.
If it aint broke, You aint trying hard enough!

http://countvladamier.spaces.live.com

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Maybe it's time the state government lives within it's means, just like everyone else.

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Being a bass fisherman primarily so not having to worry about hatcheries because the state hasn't stocked bass in years, and being on the East side of the state where we've recently been getting lots of badly needed road improvements, including actual physical work being done on the North/South freeway, and lots of improvements to the schools such as several elementary schools being torn down and completely rebuilt (including the one where my kids will go to school) and several million dollars worth of improvements done to a few of the high schools (including the one where my kids will go), and also having the luxury of a bordering state 30 minutes away that is far better with their fisheries management and that is nice enough to let me buy a license and fish over there, I have to say that I voted for Mrs. Gregoire and would vote for her again given the chance.

Whew, that is one long run on sentence.