I'm Voting Democrat

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:I'm Voting Democrat

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 pm

EastsideRedneck wrote: If Obama is elected my 8yrs of service to this nation will have been a waste as a far as I'm concerned.
EastsideRedneck wrote:I joined the Navy as a walk-in back in '99 after wasting five years in college (pretty much majored in drunken debauchery.) I went in as a Nuclear Machinist Mate and a submarine volunteer.
So, you are saying you wasted the last 13 years of your life? Very sad.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishndude
Petty Officer

Post by fishndude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 pm

A presidential candidate's first important decision is picking a running mate. This decision is practically the only thing we as voters can judge a candidate's character and decision-making skill before the election. Everything else is all talk and promises that may or may not be done.

When a candidate picks their running mate, they have a lot to consider and it speaks of how they REALLY think in terms of either self promotion or genuine care for the country. Aside from what McCain and Obama have said, you can tell a lot by who they have chosen.

Bottom line, McCain chose someone who I do not feel was for the right reasons. He chose her in order to gain more votes in my opinion. I mean for what other reason is there? She has no experience. He knows that his health is failing and that if he's gone Palin will be president, yet, that scenario doesn't seem to bother him. Therefore, he cares more that he gets power than the greater good of this country.

It is for this reason that I do not trust what McCain says he will do. Actions speak louder than words and his first important decision for this nation has shown what he is truly about - a candidate that cares about image and how it can win him the vote.

On the other hand, Obama's decision in Biden is, I feel, a great one. It shows that he'd rather pick someone that's qualified than someone that can win him votes. In fact, I trust both Biden and Obama in the president's seat.

Again, look at their actions, not their words.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Marc- Not necessarily, I turned myself around during my time in the Navy and finished my BA graduating Magna cum Laude. I am starting my MBA next fall assuming student loans are even available (GI Bill doesn't pay for a whole lot.) The real waste is watching a man who does not understand the military pare it down and allow it to atrophy- rediverting/redistributing funds into social welfare and programs for people who choose not to help themselves or in some cases, abide by our laws. It is not the job of government to provide for the unmotivated but able or social loafers in expecting nothing in return. Novel concept- Require federal service (military or civil service) in exchange for federal dollars. Transform government handouts into earned wages. Unfortunately this sense of entitlement is as much a cultural problem as it is a political one.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong about Hippie Hitler... I'd love to be wrong and watch our nation return to prosperity, but I'm less than optimistic given his Marxist tendencies.

Roughly 1461 days till my blood pressure can return to normal.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:40 pm

You really should listen to someone other than Rush.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Believe it or not, I don't listen to or watch any of those guys.

However any of us feel about this stuff at least we can agree on one thing for sure- we love fishing.

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Fishindude I am with you on Mccain's age and his running mate. No offense to his campaign but he is to old for the position and Sarah Palin has no clue of whats going on.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I won't try to stur up the pot... I respect both candidates,Palin on the otherhand...well :-"
Regardless who wins,...Bush is out :cheers:

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:47 pm

kevinb wrote:I won't try to stur up the pot... I respect both candidates,Palin on the otherhand...well :-"
Regardless who wins,...Bush is out :cheers:
Nicely put,..!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:37 pm

EastsideRedneck wrote:However any of us feel about this stuff at least we can agree on one thing for sure- we love fishing.
True:thumright
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't care what you think about politics Eastside....I've said it before and I'll say it again...you got one bad fishin kayak man. (and the huevos to hit big water in that thing). You and Marc would probably have a great day together on the water.......
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 am

BassFanatic wrote:Fishindude I am with you on Mccain's age and his running mate. No offense to his campaign but he is to old for the position and Sarah Palin has no clue of whats going on.

Careful there, age discrimination is as ugly as any other discrimination. As a nurse I see a lot of our older population and I can tell you their age, maturity, and judgement far outweigh some 40-something community planner. Wow, I'm actually more offended then I first thought... :scratch:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 am

Well I guess alot of people voted democrat 338 to 163
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am

A great fisherman once wrote."Regardless if you voted for or against him. We all need to support our new President.
If he fails,we all fail. JMHO" Thanks KB for those words of truth.It was written in another thread here today in this site.Its time to stop sniveling and lets keep our great country Great!!!!
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 am

Mike Carey wrote:Careful there, age discrimination is as ugly as any other discrimination. As a nurse I see a lot of our older population and I can tell you their age, maturity, and judgement far outweigh some 40-something community planner. Wow, I'm actually more offended then I first thought... :scratch:
I can respect the age discrimination thing, but why do people (Palin included) throw around the term Community Organizer like it's some sort of slur or epithet? The work that they do is amazing - and there are plenty of republican Community Organizers. If you think community organizers or worthless, you might as well stop attending church or any events that they "organize" in your "community." And I see you conveniently left out the whole College Prof, law degree, a couple books, and 8 years in the senate from his "community planner" resume. How long did it take Palin to get her Bachelor's in Communications?

Say what you want about Palin, I wouldn't have voted for McCain no matter who his running mate was, but bottom line, she was a deal breaker for McCain.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:28 pm

OK, I'll take the critisism on the community organizer comment, fast typing fingers and rushing to work will do that. And I'm not interested in rehashing candidates because it's over.

I just get POed when I see discrimination in any form. "Too old" is discrimination and as we have just seen, this country has come too far to tolerate it. Some of the brightest minds on the planet are over 70 years old. The age comment was without merit, just like saying Obama shouldn't have been president because of the color of his skin.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Mike, on a medical note, what is the statistical mortality rate of a remitted malignant melanoma patient with 2 separate metastasizing events?

E

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:26 pm

What a great discussion Gisteppo...

I'm not sure what you are exactly getting at (no medical knowledge at all...#-o ), but my first thought was McCain medical records?? Does he have cancer or something???
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Skin cancer x 2. The bad kind of skin cancer.

The election is over, so we know the answer to that, but I just wanted to put that to mike because he would know the numbers and could tell us that in any given circumstance (even his senatorial seat) what his mortality rate would be.

E

Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Post by Mr. Magler » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:16 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Actually, it's going to get even smaller. Biden admitted today that the tax cuts to 95% of Americans really means the income cutoff number is around $150K (which includes families with joint returns). That's considerably less than the 250K Mr. Obama has been claiming. Anyone care to bet that when it's next calculated it will be down to 100K?
Why are people so afraid of paying taxes? I've never understood that.

Under the recent Bush administration taxes across the board are lower than they have been in many many years, and look where that has left our economy? Under the Clinton administration taxes were much higher for the middle class and the economy was booming.

I have no problem paying higher taxes if I am confident that my government will use my contributions wisely. You have to spend money to make money, and that applies to our economy just like it does to any other business.

The good thing is that nobody can make things worse than Bush has. The guy served 8 years! That still amazes me. Who in their right mind would vote for that guy twice?
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler