Happy Halloween!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Happy Halloween!

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

So you think you are really into decorating for Halloween, huh.........? [wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUAV_1jB ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2010 Display
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjvHMXm ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oneshot
Commodore

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by oneshot » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:25 am

I saw one of these video's they did to Slayer. being a rocker/metal head for life.. I freeking loved it!!

this wasn't the one.. but its Slayer! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjI7gT1FvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 am

It's a far stretch from "O Holy Night". [scared] If he were my neighbor, I'm afraid I would have to move...... [laugh]

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

That house with a small pellet gun would be fun.Just plinking away at the lights. :-"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am

oneshot wrote:I saw one of these video's they did to Slayer. being a rocker/metal head for life.. I freeking loved it!!

this wasn't the one.. but its Slayer! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjI7gT1FvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THAT is awesome!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

bassgirlgotfishon
Angler

Post by bassgirlgotfishon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

That was great!!! Thank you for sharing it!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:47 am

We had maybe 4-5 groups of kids all night. Halloween has sure changed from when I was a kid.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 am

I know what you mean Mike - I hid my GoPro camera at the front door, put out a bowl of candy with a sign that said "Take 2 Please!" and left for the evening. Came home later expecting the candy to be gone if not the bowl, jack-o-lanterns, etc. and possibly some video left behind. Nope, no one showed up! Not one kid! The only good part is I now have a bunch of chocolate to throw into my backpack to munch on while steelheading.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:47 pm

I had quite a few kids. Most were that 13-16 yo's. They didnt start comming around till 8pm. Even the lil kids came by after 8. At I go to bed .I might have gotten more. Once Im in bed Its sleepy time. 4 AM comes mighty fast.

Big D

Post by Big D » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 pm

213 at my house last night.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm

You get to be a little more Norman Rockwell on the other side of the hill.... I'm jealous.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am

Bodofish wrote:You get to be a little more Norman Rockwell on the other side of the hill.... I'm jealous.
We have a lot of fun with it. A few strobe lights, lighted pumpkins and a scary noise cd make for an enjoyable safe evening for the local kids. I chatted with a local teacher and he said that the Waterville school district has about 250 kids in K thru 12. I think we saw most of them the other night and not one of them forgot to say thank you. We gave out six large 150 piece bags of Costco candy and we heard several times throughout the evening that our house was one of the best in town. (That's not saying much but like I said we have fun with it.)
Here's a quick youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIelRoaHgA

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:50 am

I love Waterville, we used to fly our gliders from Chelan Butte there sometimes..... wind cooperating of course. Always had to stop for a burger there! Best burger in the world after flying!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:14 am

Wow 213 . Thats great. I live in a very mixed race/religious neighborhood where most kids dont even know Trick or treat. My decorations are a few Skeletons on the door and Pumpkins all on the front porch.I dont look at Halloween as a religious holiday. Its a Fun holiday. On my street 3 of us give out candy. Its a shame living in the city where people cant even Trick or treat for being scared. Next year its Waterville. Itoo remember Waterville . We used to off road there on primitive roads.Beautiful area. Lots of game in dem parts.