Biggest Pike of 2014

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lucius
Commander

Biggest Pike of 2014

Post by Lucius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:56 pm

So even though I am 0-1 this year in terms of pike fishing, I did happen to find a guy that has already had a steller year in terms of big pike....state record released. Check it out.

http://www.nefga.org/forum/showthread.p ... thern+pike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully we can get something close to that this weekend..... [-o<

Lucius
Commander

Re: Biggest Pike of 2014

Post by Lucius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Just saw this video....this is pretty sweet. You know what a northern pike worst enemy is?......a bigger northern pike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piqQ_7xSf08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:52 am

32" 9 pounder caught on 9-28-14
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (137.03 KiB) Viewed 4906 times

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 am

Unfortunately I can't post a photo of the 40"+ fish I got yesterday because it made it's way out of the net while removing the lure. Was easily over 40" and over 20 pounds. Oh well, I guess I still have the video Mark K got of it. :cheers:

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Hey Mark K....we are waiting on your post for biggest fish!!!!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:01 pm

I didn't get good photos to go with the video of catching that whopper last week, so here's a poto of my second biggest pike of 2014. A 38 1/2" 15lb 13ozer.
Attachments
Pikey.jpg
Pikey.jpg (66.58 KiB) Viewed 4825 times

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm

So to date the biggest pike of 2014 actually posted is 38.5 inches...come on guys....I thought there would be a couple 40's by now....j/k that's a nice fish mr. Ajs dad!!!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:42 pm

That gives you something to shoot at on October 25th and 26th.
Mark K will have the lead in inches if he posts his 39"er from last week. However, mine was 2ozs heavier, and they were weighed n the same scale. I say that gives me big fish so far. Who cares about length. It's the weight that counts. Right????

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Length and weight constitutes a great fish, however a fishes weight will fluctuate throughout the year. The one thing that doesn't change is the length and can better demonstrate the age if the fish rather than the weight..,. Either way both your fish are impressive and this thread was meant to be your biggest fish either weight or length....

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Not my fish, but I took the photo and video of it and he's not on the forum anyway. 41.5 inches third pike ever caught
Attachments
Scotts 41.5 inch pike resized.jpg
Scotts 41.5 inch pike resized.jpg (160.28 KiB) Viewed 4706 times

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Shoot! Sorry guys! Been a while since I've been on! I will see what I can do about pictures soon but I hit multiple personal bests this year! I got a 43" true Muskie, quickly followed by a 46". I got a 43.5" tiger. And then FINALLY beat the PB Pike! Back in 09 I got a 35" on the POR. It took 5 years to beat it with a 36". Then about a month later I beat that with a 39". AJs dad has netted my PB Pike, Tiger, and LMB and Brown Trout now. Im gonna have to get out with him more!

skagit510
Lieutenant

Post by skagit510 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Nice looking specimens guys. I have recently got onto the musky fishing with a fly beyond my former not so serious capacity. No lakes with Pike over on the wet side I know of. I really dig the predator fishing though. Do you keep the Pike or is it like the musky and generally c and r?

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Most CPR just like the Muskie. Some times people keep a few small ones for the table, but I would guess 99% of the die hards toss em back every time. I only keep them if I think it wont survive after release.

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 am

My biggest Pike of the year was no toad for sure, but I only got to pike fish a few times and most of those were at Hayden lake which is not known for big pike. I did get to go to Chain lake 1 trip in late spring and hit the worst bite I'd ever seen there Nobody was catching any that day. But I heard a lot of guys say you shoulda been here yesterday, we killed em. LOL My biggest came from a very small lake in N. Idaho, near Priest river. I was alone and it was a bit much to handle the pike, the camera and rod all at the same time, so I only got this shot of her in the water, I did have it in the boat for just a sec, but couldn't get a pixs. I didn't have my unhooking gear close enough, so I put her back in the water while I got it. I got her by the gill plate again and as soon as as I got the hooks out she thrashed and got off my hand. So I didn't get a weight or length on her. My best guess would be about 34" and close to 13 lbs as she was a fatty. That's the new 8" S-Waver swimbait in firetiger color stuck in her craw. LOL The good news is she was unharmed and will be there for me to catch next year. I buddy of mine got a fish about this same size out of this lake as well this year while fishing with me. Although it's only about a 10 acre lake it has some big fish in it.

Last edited by Fish-N-Fool on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:My biggest Pike of the year was no toad for sure, but I only got to pike fish a few times and most of those were at Hayden lake which is not known for big pike. I did get to go to Chain lake 1 trip in late spring and hit the worst bite I'd ever seen there Nobody was catching any that day. But I heard a lot of guys say you shoulda been here yesterday, we killed em. LOL My biggest came from a very small lake in N. Idaho, near Priest river. I was alone and it was a bit much to handle the pike, the camera and rod all at the same time, so I only got this shot of her in the water, I did have it in the boat for just a sec, but couldn't get a pixs. I didn't have my unhooking gear close enough, so I put her back in the water while I got it. I got her by the gill plate again and as soon as as I got the hooks out she thrashed and got off my hand. So I didn't get a weight or length on her. My best guess would be about 34" and close to 13 lbs as she was a fatty. That's a 7" swimbait stuck in her craw. LOL The good news is she was unharmed and will be there for me to catch next year. I buddy of mine got a fish about this same size out of this lake as well this year while fishing with me. Although it's only about a 10 acre lake it has some big fish in it.

Nice fish! Don't give up the name of the lake publicly or some expert will show up there with a gill net. You can email me with the name of the lake though! :)

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I found the pixs of my buddy "Jim"s pike, His first ever it was a little smaller then the one i got, but a trophy for your first ever Pike. His was also a fatty.