WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed May 06, 2009 10:48 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:Hey Mike,

Is it ok to send the $10 entry fee in cash?

Anybody -
Still looking for a back seat - I will split the gas & pay the launch fee.:-"
First off Gringo , I would not suggest sending cash , a check or m.o. would be much safer ! sending cash right now is this economy might cause some mail guy to lose his job over a free lunch ..lol

Secondly , Dude i have been practicing all winter long on my casting skillz and i wanna let you know that im coming after your two year in row casting title ..So i hope you have your game face on, MASTERCASTER ! :clown:

Hey mark check with Fishnlife for a backseater he looking !

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed May 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:Hey Mike,

Is it ok to send the $10 entry fee in cash?

Anybody -
Still looking for a back seat - I will split the gas & pay the launch fee.:-"
Not recommended (from a former letter carrier!) but if you do be sure to have it in a security envelope that keeps the contents hidden. Whatever you're comfortable with is fine.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:
Hey mark check with Fishnlife for a backseater he looking !
I think he is wanting to backseat.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bubba800
Petty Officer

Post by bubba800 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 pm

i would like a backseat also :) would be nice if you could pick me up also willing to help pay gas/launch/stuff xD
See you out there =]

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 am

We should almost start a new thread that has boats and people that are looking to backseat on someones boat.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu May 07, 2009 7:23 am

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:We should almost start a new thread that has boats and people that are looking to backseat on someones boat.
well what are ya gonna do B-N-G ! continue to talk about on this thread or start a Boater and Non boaters thread ? DO IT MAN !

Im going to start thread on Pork vs Steak ..What that has to do with anything you ask ? Not sure but one the voices in my head thinks it's a cool thread ... Nevermind man i think i just need breakfast .. brb ! :clown:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 am

See that is why you get paid the big dollars Dez ...

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... aspx#74036
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote: First off Gringo , I would not suggest sending cash , a check or m.o. would be much safer ! sending cash right now is this economy might cause some mail guy to lose his job over a free lunch ..lol
What if I send the cash in a birthday card with a pink envelope and put "From Grandma" on the return address? Would it be safer then?:flower:
Bigbass Dez wrote: Secondly , Dude i have been practicing all winter long on my casting skillz and i wanna let you know that im coming after your two year in row casting title ..So i hope you have your game face on, MASTERCASTER ! :clown:
Practice all you want, that casting contest is already in the bag - I spent the winter practicing down on the waterfront. I can hit a rat on the run at 50 paces.:rambo: Besides I have already cleared space for the loot I am going to win this year!
Bigbass Dez wrote: Hey mark check with Fishnlife for a backseater he looking !
Let me rephrase - I am looking for an open seat (milk crate, 5 gallon bucket, whatever). Basically I am offering up to someone, the privilege of being able to say "and he did it on my boat:cheers: " when I bring in top fish in both categories:tongue:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu May 07, 2009 3:06 pm

WHATEVA , Mark WHATEVA !! If Your only good at hitting running rats then the beach on lk sammy is considered a RAT FREE ZONE ..(untill night falls8-[ ) ...And dont worry about the hundreds of people watching you cast (no pressure) Dont worry about the ESPN LIVE coverage of the casting contest (no pressure)

As a matter of fact im glad you have already claimed victory , This automaticly makes me the underdog (less pressure for me) My neighbors think im weird for flipn of my back deck (less pressure) I tell them things like , I gotta beat Mark this year ! they say things like if you break a window we are calling the cops (less pressure)

Latest update , im now unable to lay my jig "behind" a tree 30ft away !! WHATEVA ! Mark WHATEVA! :rambo:

IS THAT MARK I SEE MESSING AROUND WIT BIGSHARK DEZ!!
Attachments
SHARK.jpg
SHARK.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 07, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Thu May 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote: ...And dont worry about the hundreds of people watching you cast (no pressure) Dont worry about the ESPN LIVE coverage of the casting contest (no pressure)
I heard ESPN2 will be covering it from 1pm till 3pm....better have your A game on....:clown:
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu May 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Rollin with Rolland wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote: ...And dont worry about the hundreds of people watching you cast (no pressure) Dont worry about the ESPN LIVE coverage of the casting contest (no pressure)
I heard ESPN2 will be covering it from 1pm till 3pm....better have your A game on....:clown:
roland where have you been ? fishin cod in the bering strait! hope youll be at the derby! :cheers:
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Fri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm

flippinfool wrote:
Rollin with Rolland wrote:
roland where have you been ? fishin cod in the bering strait! hope youll be at the derby! :cheers:
Would love to be there flippin'.....having a back seat lined up and not having to pull my boat 100 miles (one way) would be a lot easier...:-"

YES...chasing ling cod. put 40 miles on the boat today...
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Just Announced: Silver Horde will be donating gear, as well as Swede and Fishing Collector who are donating new gear for the raffle afterward. Field Designs are donating some product as well.

Please guys, let's get those registration forms in the mail. We need to start firming up some numbers. The prizes and raffle (part of the event, no extra cost) are really starting to grow!

Just to rehash some main points:

You don't need a boat. You don't have to have insurance on your boat for under 16 ft or less than 10 HP motors. Disregard that part of the registration form. You can register the day of the event for $12, but we REALLY are encouraging pre-registering by mail. If you're under 18 you do need a permission note from a parent.

Your $10 entry fee will be more than returned from our sponsors angler gift pack that you'll get at check in. You can check in at the boat launch for bigger boats, or, if you're shore fishing or tubing/pontooning you can check in at the State Park beach area. I will be there at park opening to set up and check people in there.

Only two weeks to go - see you there!

Thanks to the following Sponsors of the Event:

TTI-Blakemore Fishing Group - Home of the Roadrunner, Mr. Crappie, Daiichi Hooks, Bleeding Bait Hooks, Reel Magic, and much more!

WestCoastCustomTackle - Local manufacturer of high quality custom poured bass baits. These are great plastics!

FishCreekSpinners - One of the most innovative spinners I have ever seen. Definitely a classic trout spinner!

Aqua-Scent - Maker of the Fish Tickle line of scent tabs. See our Jefferson Head Blackmouth video to see it in action - and catching!

Yakima Bait Company - Maker of Worden Lures, such famous names as Roostertails, lil Corky, Spin-N-Glo, and more. Another great Pacific NW tackle producer!

www.BulletWeights.com - Bullet Weights is one of the largest sinker manufacturers in the world and is reported to have the largest selection of fishing sinker products in the marketplace.

Reef Runner Lures - the finest in original designs, paint finishes, hooks, and hand crafted quality - designed and tested in the USA - check out their website for some really nice looking walleye, bass, and trout lures!

Silver Horde Fishing Supplies - manufacturers of a variety of high quality salmon and trout gear. Located in Lynnwood!
(425) 778-2640

Field Designs - custom embroidery - Hats - Shirts - Sportswear
Embroidery - Printing - a WL.com member supporting business.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST - A CUSTOM SIGNATURE FISHING ROD SIGNED BY THE SWEDE HIMSELF!

More Coming - these sponsors are all contributing to our prizes and angler gift packs that you'll receive at Derby Day check in.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:26 pm

I went searching and asking God bless big Kelly and family[-o< and SILVERHORDE:-$ a PRODUCT I USE AND KILL FISH WITH!!!!:cheers: :chef:

In this economy and downturns he really is showing his support for Wa Lakes, and kids and this stuff will be stuff that works and I will cover all and how to rig each and all!

Again thanks Kelly You Be the man!!!!:thumleft:

Fish ON!!!=d>

ps= I will be donating a 8ft 6 meduim steelhead rod fast action tip signed by me fished once and worth well over the $100 first prize and many other goodies and well and my bud Body Collector:cyclopsan #-o / fishing Collector has a new rod and cover and tons of goodies as well for the cause these items will be a raffle system only fair way to cover it and will have hand outs as well :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 11, 2009 8:44 am

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

We have decided to reschedule this year's Derby/BBQ event to July 19th (Sunday).

The reason for the rescheduling is we have just not seen the numbers of anglers commit that we had hoped to see. I unfortunately did not realize back in the fall that the 23rd was Memorial Day weekend, and I think that is having a dampening effect on numbers of people able to commit. So my apologies for the poor scheduling to start with.

Anyone that has submitted an entry form and check will have it returned to you.

The July 19th event will be the same - Bass and Trout derby followed by awards and a WL.com BBQ event. On the plus side, the weather will be much nicer and the park won't be quite so crazy. This date is actually the same as last year's WL.com picnic.

We will modify the entry forms and start asking for members to submit their paperwork so we can have a good idea of numbers attending.

Thank you all for your understanding, and again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 am

I think this was a good call Mike , Now that we dont have to compete against the holiday we will have a much better turn out in july .. :cheers:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 am

Agreed with Bigbass Dez. I think folks had Memorial Day weekend plans which prevented a lot of people from being able to show up to the Derby/Extravaganza.

I look forward to the event, I wasn't going to be able to make it to the May date, but July 19th will probably work with me.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 am

Mike Carey wrote:YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

We have decided to reschedule this year's Derby/BBQ event to July 19th (Sunday).

The reason for the rescheduling is we have just not seen the numbers of anglers commit that we had hoped to see. I unfortunately did not realize back in the fall that the 23rd was Memorial Day weekend, and I think that is having a dampening effect on numbers of people able to commit. So my apologies for the poor scheduling to start with.

Anyone that has submitted an entry form and check will have it returned to you.

The July 19th event will be the same - Bass and Trout derby followed by awards and a WL.com BBQ event. On the plus side, the weather will be much nicer and the park won't be quite so crazy. This date is actually the same as last year's WL.com picnic.

We will modify the entry forms and start asking for members to submit their paperwork so we can have a good idea of numbers attending.

Thank you all for your understanding, and again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Ok, I got my calander changed for the new date.

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Thank's for the heads up Mike, Makes it a little easier on my schedule. I'm really looking forward to being there in July.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 11, 2009 6:20 pm

A9 wrote:Agreed with Bigbass Dez. I think folks had Memorial Day weekend plans which prevented a lot of people from being able to show up to the Derby/Extravaganza.

I look forward to the event, I wasn't going to be able to make it to the May date, but July 19th will probably work with me.

Your the only reason we changed it. :cheers: Glad you'll be able to make this one brutha.

I think with the Holiday and peoples schedules we are better off doing this on July 19th. Good call Mike. Kids are out for Summer and we're not competing with a major Holiday. Only down side is the trouters will be at a disadvantage. But, I'm sure they'll still be catchable.

Look for the New Thread for our July 19th Extravaganza and Derby.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”