WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Jake Dogfish
Commander

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Summer Picnic/Fishing Event July 19th

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue May 27, 2008 11:30 am

kutthroatkilla wrote:Rattlesnake baby! Great BBQ area and huge park. Carpool from the Eastside.

KTK
I'd go if it was there... As long as I can use barbless spoons without getting flack from the fly guys... :thumright

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 27, 2008 1:58 pm

kutthroatkilla wrote:Seems to me like most of our member base is from the Central Sound, southward. Not all though...some north, some way south. How about a neutral lake in the middle where everyone could make it...with gas near $4.15/gallon it would be vital to make the lake "central" for everyone. Beaver might be a little too far out there for some folks. I'm not seasoned in lakes further south than Renton, however. KTK
Good call

I may have some bias....only because I fish here ALOT and it has a great campground,a great fly-fishing creek and other great bodies of water nearby. But here goes......Lake Kachess....Just an idea but I'll go wherever it is.

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Tue May 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I think I'm with Kevinb and KTK on this one but Tapps also sounds pretty nice but I'm at all familiar with the species in the water there, but I do think there might be a larger "member population" Seattle south. I would be good with something within a two hour drive or something that you can set up camp at. I love the camping idea and maybe that would give our eastsiders a chance to swing in and have a fat burger.

Just my .02
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Offut lake has camping, boat rentals,Open spaces for that weekend and great fishing :-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue May 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Alder lake has a day use area that is pretty big.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue May 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah sammamish would be fun to but i mean whatever suits everyone well is fine. Offut would be fun. Or tapps i have always wanted to try for tiger musky

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm

you know, I'd forgotten that guys will be there early to fsh and set up, so most of us would be settle in as soon as the park opened up. Washington or Sammamish would work. Both accomodate all types of fishing. keep the ideas coming!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Mike Carey wrote:you know, I'd forgotten that guys will be there early to fsh and set up, so most of us would be settle in as soon as the park opened up. Washington or Sammamish would work. Both accomodate all types of fishing. keep the ideas coming!
No worries,I personally still like Kachess. I feel that people on the eastside are left out. I like the idea of a place more centralized. But as stated before...I will go where ever. Is Aaron putting something together over there?

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed May 28, 2008 7:51 am

Mike Carey wrote:you know, I'd forgotten that guys will be there early to fsh and set up, so most of us would be settle in as soon as the park opened up. Washington or Sammamish would work. Both accomodate all types of fishing. keep the ideas coming!

See there Mike had you attended last year you would have known that the fishing and the set up is the best part ..lol jus kiding your kids baseball game was way more important ..what i liked about Washington was the fact that there is a beach , playground for the kids , restaurants (in case fishn burns the meat) , and good banks for people without boat that still want to fish. Now if your starting to feel like im more concerned fishing than the picnic , noooo not at all i think after a good morning of fishing it should be followed up by some good food and good folks (Dont forget too bring your poles)...BBD:-&
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am

I like offut Lake. I ts Samamish is a bit WAY to far for me.

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Lot of good suggestions here. Personally I think that Lake Sammamish sounds best at this point. There is a lot to recommend it as well. Think of this, if people want to get away from the water skiis and speedboats, both Beaver and Pine are just a short trip away (a few miles, maybe less) and after fishing on those quieter lakes people could come back to samm. for the the BBQ. Samm. is easy to get too (right off of I-90) and the public park at the south end is HUGE. I am not sure about shore fishing there as I have never done that but I am sure some of you know more about those areas.

I just hope I can make it to this. My summer is fairly full as it is but hopefully there is nothing on the Calender for this day right now.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

I like the Sammamish idea as well. I am not apposed to Lk. Wa either. A bigger lake will accomodate more anglers. Last year it was kind of hectic around the picnic area but still fun and comfortable. I would be totally down with Sammamish to mix it up. And like bel83 said, if others want to hit up the smaller lakes in the morning and join us at the BBQ in the afternoon, that would be great too.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed May 28, 2008 9:29 pm

bel83 wrote:Lot of good suggestions here. Personally I think that Lake Sammamish sounds best at this point. There is a lot to recommend it as well. Think of this, if people want to get away from the water skiis and speedboats, both Beaver and Pine are just a short trip away (a few miles, maybe less) and after fishing on those quieter lakes people could come back to samm. for the the BBQ. Samm. is easy to get too (right off of I-90) and the public park at the south end is HUGE. I am not sure about shore fishing there as I have never done that but I am sure some of you know more about those areas.

I just hope I can make it to this. My summer is fairly full as it is but hopefully there is nothing on the Calender for this day right now.
Never been to sammamish but if it's easy to find the would be cool! I would love to get some fishin' in on Sammamish:bounce:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed May 28, 2008 10:01 pm

How about Cushman? It is a little far but wow what a beautiful setting:-k
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Sammamish? Lots of stuff for people to fish for, only issue is the lack of fishing space on the shore for shorebound anglers and then you have to expect Saturday crowds. If I remember right, it seems like they are lacking on shore access for people stuck to the shore...I think this would drive a lot of folks to fish nearby and then come back for the BBQ. Would be fun to find a spot where everyone can fish together. I sure know I won't have a boat capable of fishing Sammamish, so I'd run around to nearby lakes and fish them then head down to Sammamish for the BBQ and meeting others...I would rather have a spot where everyone can fish, boat or no boat....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 am

Why don't we just sticky-up a poll to figure out where it's going to be?

I plan to go wherever it's held.

Any of you southern boys (Clark Co, etc) want to split gas, I'm planning on taking the minivan and towing my jonboat. PM me if interested.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 am

I would like to see the event at either Lake Washington, Beaver or Pine. I might be willing to Carpool from the North End. I am currently in Mill Creek.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Thu May 29, 2008 10:56 am

I'm partial to Beaver, but I think in the interest of the group at large Sammamish would be a better pick. I would reccomend reserving the shelter next to Issaquah Creek if possible. This area is the closest to any shore fishing opportunities Sammamish has near the park. If you bring waders the opportunity grows as you can hike out on the sandbar to the point and fish the drop off. This spot is also large enough to host the other proposed activites.

I didn't make it to last year's, but I'll definitely be there this year.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I also like the idea of Sammamish, and then the option of fishing the Pine/Beaver during the day, and coming back bbq if that works for those who can't get on Sammamish. Just my 2 cents.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Thu May 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm with cavdad45 in posting a sticky with some sort of poll to make it final. It seems to me that it is between LK WA or Sammamish. Well I will be there if I'm not working.(hopefully. Look forward to meeting these wierd names on here!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”