NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
edge540
Commander

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by edge540 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 am

Bodofish wrote:Hey Edge,
Nice to see an introduction! BTW I'm an RC nut too. Mainly planes but have done all of them.

Matt AKA Bodofish

Hi Matt, that cool! I do all types of rc, I Started a forum for Scale RC crawlers in the northwest ( not spam, just a bunch of average guys playing with rc cars) http://northwestscalerc.com/

Were do you fly? I recently got into float planes and have been flying off water quite a bit. :bounce:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 am

Scale crawlers....... Way cool. I do a bit of crawling myself. Built a couple scratch crawlers with a buddy that has a rock pile in the back yard. We fly anywhere there is space. Used to fly at Marymore but they're just a bunch of whining cry babies so I quit going there. Got a little coax heli that I play with.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

chi_fisher2169
Angler

Post by chi_fisher2169 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 am

Name: Keiyia T. Jones
Hobbies: Music, Singing, Sports, Outdoors, Video Games and of course Fishing
Job: Second Class Petty Officer (Structural/Hydraulic Mechanic) U.S. Navy
Favorite Species: Whatever is biting but i like to target bass
Where You Fish Most: Lakes in the local area and some salt water( still trying to figure that one out......#-o )
How Long You Been Fishing: Probably since i was about 5-6
How I Got Introduced To Fishing: My family is from the south, Mississippi to b exact. so it was inevietable, but it was my G-ma that i remember teaching me and taking me on trips
What do you do when your not fishing: Usually im deployed or jus working, playing Call Of Duty, or wishing i was fishing.
My Fav Pic: Its a pic of me holding a flathead catfish that measured 33" long with a 30" girth that i caught at 3am after i got off work. was out hoping to catch some walleye so was using a med light action 7' rod with 6lb test and a 3" original rapala. this thing slammed it but when i set the hook and the way it ran i thought i had hooked another carp in the back.....................32 min later this dinner plate sized head came up outta the water. man was i shocked! my bicep and forearm were completely worn out but i was grinning from ear to ear! :-D

dscott
Angler

Post by dscott » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello all,
I found this fine forum a couple of weeks ago as my two youngest boys and I planned a quick getaway to Potholes Reservoir. I have a lot of reading to do here and I'd like to thank you all for the info you've shared.
We paddled our canoe up into the islands and had a lot of fun as we camped/fished for a couple days. The only fishing news worth reporting is that my youngest caught his first fish! (a half dozen tiny bass while soaking worms) We paddled a little ways up a creek on the west side and I saw smallmouth holding there but couldn't get them to take a rapala or a chartreuse spinner bait before we had to turn and paddle out.
Anyway, I'm fired up to get back to fishing. It's high-time to learn something about fishing this state... I've been here since '98 and my limited Wa. fishing experience is chasing salmon around Port Townsend for the few years I lived there. My family and I currently live in Kirkland/Juanita and I'm really looking forward to exploring the area from the watery side. Our first King Co. freshwater trip will be tomorrow morning. We'll probably put in at the park on the NW side and fish the N. end of Lake Sammamish. We live near the north shore of lake Wa. so I'm looking into opportunities around here as well. Also, I'm looking for live worms so he can fish bait while I chunk lures. If anyone knows of a Bellevue/Kirkland source, I'd really appreciate it. If you see a man and a boy fishing from an 18' tan wenonah, give a shout. :salut: Odds are, it's us :)

Thanks again for all of your contributions, it sure helps.
Sinc.
Darren

BTW; The bulk of my fishing experience is centered in South Louisiana. I grew up fishing bass and panfish from banks, bateaus, canoes and inner-tubes around Baton Rouge, later fishing inshore/nearshore salt in Louisiana and S.California.

cbaillo
Angler

Post by cbaillo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Glad to meet you all, and hoping to get to know you. I'm trying to find a new fishing board home, after moving to the area about a month ago. I'm trying to learn the area and its waters. Thank God, I have a great neighbor who happily shares info with me.

I live in Vancouver, and am really trying hard to know the waters around me, find out what the fish want (have been unlucky thus far), and basically just enjoying the outdoors again, being forced to live in an area without it for the past year.

I don't have a boat, can't afford one right now, but I DID just go out and bought a float tube yesterday, and am very excited to use it. I already know about Battle Ground, and will hit that lake up on my furlough day this coming Friday, but what other lakes can you float tube on, that might offer good fishing?

I'm up for anything that bites, I'm not picky..trout, bass, etc...

Can you float tube on Lacamas Lake? If so, at any point, or special areas? Any other lakes closeby I can practice and get to know the waters at, near me? My neighbor pointed me to Goose Lake, but thats about 60 miles away, so I'll have to save that for a "morning to myself" trip, and not when I have the kids.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to show I'm not a fly by nighter, hear to grab up all your spots and info, and disappear...I hope to become part of the community.
Last edited by cbaillo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:05 pm

lot's of new members this year, welcome everyone!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kenimes
Petty Officer

Post by kenimes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Name: Ken Imes
Hobbies: Ice hockey, softball, karaoke, fishing, hunting, camping, video games
Job: Admin/ Support @ Intelius.com- Bothell, WA
Favorite Species: Smallmouth Bass
Where You Fish Most: Family property on Palmer Lake, WA
How Long You Been Fishing: 3 years old
How I Got Introduced To Fishing: Father and Grandfather taught me how to fish and I am 'hooked' for life.
What do you do when your not fishing: Play ball with my 5 yr old son and think about fishing
My Fav Pic: Do not know where it went, but it was of a monster trout when I was 14, out of the Similkameen River near Oroville, WA

faritoman
Angler

Post by faritoman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 am

Hello Everyone! I am so excited to be in this forum. I am Charlie all the way from Devon, England

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Name: Russell McDonald
Hobbies: NASCAR, fishing, elk, deer and turkey hunting
Job:USFS Electronic Technician
Favorite Species: Anything that I can catch with a rod and line
Where You Fish Most: Just learning the state and refinishing and bass boat that I bought a couple months ago
How Long You Been Fishing: long time
How I Got Introduced To Fishing: I grew up in Minnesota what else is there to do in the land of more than 10,000 lakes.
What do you do when your not fishing: Hunt, watch NASCAR
My Fav Pic: wish I had one of the 38lb salmon I caught in California around 12 plus years ago. Biggest fish to date I have ever caught.

I have been an member here for about 5 months and didn't realize this was here. Dummy. Anyway met some of you guys at Lake Merdian at the picinic we had this summer. Nice to be here and if anyone is looking for a hunting partner let me know. IM me of post. Hope to see you out on the lakes.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:36 pm

russmcdonald wrote:Name: Russell McDonald
Hobbies: NASCAR, fishing, elk, deer and turkey hunting
Job:USFS Electronic Technician
Favorite Species: Anything that I can catch with a rod and line
Where You Fish Most: Just learning the state and refinishing and bass boat that I bought a couple months ago
How Long You Been Fishing: long time
How I Got Introduced To Fishing: I grew up in Minnesota what else is there to do in the land of more than 10,000 lakes.
What do you do when your not fishing: Hunt, watch NASCAR
My Fav Pic: wish I had one of the 38lb salmon I caught in California around 12 plus years ago. Biggest fish to date I have ever caught.

I have been an member here for about 5 months and didn't realize this was here. Dummy. Anyway met some of you guys at Lake Merdian at the picinic we had this summer. Nice to be here and if anyone is looking for a hunting partner let me know. IM me of post. Hope to see you out on the lakes.
Welcome to the site Russell! Good to see another Midwestener. I grew up in a little town called Le Sueur, MN in the 80's then we moved to Kalamazoo, MI in the 90's.

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Kzoo,
Nice to see your from the midwest too. Never heard of your town but I also grew in a small town in north east MN. On the Iron Range Soudan, MN near Ely. Left for the Navy in the late 80's and now only go back to visit and fish.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:17 pm

russmcdonald wrote:Kzoo,
Nice to see your from the midwest too. Never heard of your town but I also grew in a small town in north east MN. On the Iron Range Soudan, MN near Ely. Left for the Navy in the late 80's and now only go back to visit and fish.
Le Sueur is a 50 minutes south of Bloomington. Land of the Jolly Green Giant!

ShakeNBake
Petty Officer

Post by ShakeNBake » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Name: Aaron B.
Hobbies: Camping,boating,cooking,lifting weights, gardening, my pets, of course fishing.
What I do: I am a medical lab tech at a clinic in the Columbia Basin.
Favorite Species to fish for: I like to eat what I fish, so I wouldn't fish catfish. I want to learn how to fish salmon this year.
Where I fish the most: Well I really started fishing this year a lot more seriously. I fish Moses Lake the most, even though it's not that great.
How long have I been fishing: I started young with the grandparents taking us kids out. As I got older I got away from it. Now that I inherited my gramps boat I have taken a huge interest in it.
How I got introduced to fishing: I would say my Great Grandma and Grandpa George.
What do I do when not fishing: Any of the hobbies I posted above I enjoy doing.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Boundary Waters, right on! LOve that area and did a few week long canoe trips into the Quetico also in my younger days.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:56 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Boundary Waters, right on! LOve that area and did a few week long canoe trips into the Quetico also in my younger days.
I did a 10 day canoe/portage trip with a youth group. Incredible times, got some nice smallies and pike at those lakes. Last of trip I remember eating at a place called Paul Bunyan, I remember chowing down on a one pound burger.

Back to the thread, welcome to the side ShakenBake!
Last edited by kzoo on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MIMI ELLIOTT
Angler

Post by MIMI ELLIOTT » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 pm

Name: Mimi E.
Hobbies: Got myself a Harley for my 50th :) i hand-sew stockings for Christmas that have over 100 pieces to them... so that's my craft when it's raining (87.7% of the year here, LOL) AND ... i'm interested in the fishing thing that is so available here in WA state
How long have i been fishing? I grew up in central Montana and was not lucky as a child to have my dad, he died before i was born, and there was no replacement... but in the 90's i met a man who would teach me how to lake fish, the basics... and other anglers would fill in voids, as i was not shy about what was happening around me, i wanted to know it all :) In the thousands i met another man who would teach me how to fish in the Sound... we bought a small boat, and went to lakes, and the sound and the mouths of the Columbia, and Puyallup, etc... also got neoprene waders for the Puyallup/Carbon... that was great combat fishin. i put it away for a couple years, and concentrated on a few other opportunities in life. I now have another boat, that isn't quite ready to go out. and the fishing bug is scratching, so i got on the net, and found this site!! Just got here and can't wait to comb through it :) Thanks everyone for your info, i have already checked out how and what to do for my trailer :D

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Welcome Elliotbay! You've come to the right place!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Welcome aboard Elliotbay! I got a chuckle out of the Christmas stockings. My grandma used to knit these elaborate giant ones and she taught my dad how before she passed. My daughter is picking it up now so I guess I got skipped :-"

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm

kzoo wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:
I did a 10 day canoe/portage trip with a youth group. Incredible times, got some nice smallies and pike at those lakes. Last of trip I remember eating at a place called Paul Bunyan, I remember chowing down on a one pound burger.

Back to the thread, welcome to the side ShakenBake!
In all my years of living there never went to the BWCA but found plenty of lakes that you can only get to via atv or foot. We lived near lake Vermillion (sp). Clain to fame of the lake is that it has more shoreline then New York (state), Hawaii, and California combined. Ice fishing was the best in the winter time. Early winter awesome walleye fishing.

pikeahontis
Angler

Post by pikeahontis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello, I am Pikeahontis. I am new to this website. I am new to this device you call computer. I come here to speak of the hoh – ghahn ay - dahn – hahn doh – nah hee the fish you know as the Northern Pike. This fish has been part of my life for many years and I hope it will not be destroyed by the nets that have been cast upon the water. Embrace the presence of this great fish that has been put here for all to enjoy.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”