Banks is Dropping......

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
bassgirlgotfishon
Angler

Banks is Dropping......

Post by bassgirlgotfishon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi, I could use some camping suggestions. I just found out Banks water level is dropping and the boat launch at the camp site I planned on using will be out of water. I am looking for some seclusion and privacy in eastern Washington. I would like to spend the day catching SM and maybe even some Walleye then wake up and do it again the next day. Hook ups are not an issue I have a generator for the batteries, just need a boat launch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Banks is Dropping......

Post by G-Man » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm

When do you plan on being out a Banks and what kind of boat are you going to be using? I ask because they are planning to drop the lake level by 30 or more feet this fall/winter. Coulee Playland will be your best bet for launching a boat on a trailer once the water level is way down. Here is a link to the details with some launch information as well.

http://www.grandcouleedam.org/bl2011drawdown.htm

If you are looking for an alternative to Banks, try Potholes and the seeps. There are several places to dry camp in the area, in fact, there was a thread on this exact subject a few months back. Have a search through the forum, I'm sure it will pop up for you.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 pm

I thought they dropped the level last year.
Tom.

Interests: living

bassgirlgotfishon
Angler

Post by bassgirlgotfishon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Thanks for the helpful information. I will look through the old posts as well! I plan on taking the bass boat out and think I will give Potholes a try!! Thanks again for the help!!

dscott
Angler

Post by dscott » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 am

We just made our first trip to Potholes and I have one suggestion. If you're camping back in the islands, bring some means of making shade... there's nothing to hide behind. Also, the scrub-driftwood is feather light and burns as such. A bundle or two of something more substantial might be nice if you have room.

Good luck,
darren

bassgirlgotfishon
Angler

Post by bassgirlgotfishon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks for the advice! It was my first time at Potholes and I am already planning a trip back. Stayed at Mar Don Resort, the girls at the office were great and put me in a secluded spot with power for the boat. Friday and Saturday nights were a little crazy with loud campers but the other nights were fine. Fishing was great!! Next trip taking the generator and going to go a little more primitive!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

:thumleft:

Mardon is great. Make sure you post a fishing report with pictures of your big fish, or any fish. [biggrin]
Last edited by Amx on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

Return to “Camping Life - the BEST places to go (and avoid!)”