carkeek chum fishing

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishingboy
Commander

carkeek chum fishing

Post by fishingboy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 am

does anyone know how to catch chum salmon of carkeek? and what time is the best time of day to catch them?
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Gringo Pescador

RE:carkeek chum fishing

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:02 pm

I went down there for about two hours today (high tide), didn't catch or see anything...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Dynomite once a hour.. quarter stick should do the trick. :-" :^o

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Carkeek chum run earlier than most. 3 weeks ago the beach was covered with gulls and crows pecking away at a couple of dead chum. I carried several chum that were stranded in an inch of water on the beach up into the creek. The fish can only get into the creek at high tide and higher flow levels. With all of the rain that we've had the past few days I'd feel pretty comfortable in saying that whatever fish were out in the salt in front of the creek are now up in the fresh water doing what spawning fish do.
Life's short - fish hard!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:06 am

Good info wolverine! Thanks!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker