Saltwater Pinks

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishondude
Angler

Saltwater Pinks

Post by fishondude » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am

Hey guys. I'm from Tacoma and have fished the pinks since I was a kid (Im 35 this year). Last year we moved to central Washington for work and I don't get back to that side very often. One thing I always enjoyed was catching pinks off of the Dash Point dock. I'm tempted to drive over this weekend but it doesn't look like they are in yet. Has anyone been catching or seeing anything come off the dock yet? I would hate to drive 6 hrs round trip for no salmon! Thanks guys and stay safe! Tight lines!

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Re: Saltwater Pinks

Post by Diverdoyle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 am

still early but they showing now ... i would wait a week or two then if they not biting in the sea you always have a river as a option

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Bp lighthouse has been hitting in waves over the past week. Lotta ppl just putting in time. (Heheh)

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah there are in. Smaller numbers still but very fishable. I have been catching them off the pier.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:51 am

Wait a little bit. There are more people not catching than catching.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

fishondude
Angler

Post by fishondude » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:55 am

Hey I appreciate the help guys. I would hate to drive thst far for no fidh.. Let me me know how tge week goes and I'll probably be over early Saturday! Thsnks!

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:40 pm

released a couple today trolling around looking for kings. a few pinks coming in. heard of a 22lb king off dash point pier from a coworker today.