Point no Point, salmon fishing 8/3

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
chongo469
Commander

Point no Point, salmon fishing 8/3

Post by chongo469 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:48 pm

So my buddy and I went out this morning, dropped the crab pots and ran to Point no Point.... Fishing was SLOW.... 1 hit from 6am to 11am, none to the boat..... What I will tell you is , we got a visit from WDFW, but not the normal way... we look over and they are hauling arse straight towards us and about 50 yrds away and not slowing, they chop throttle and hit reverse quick and still bump us hard.... I almost shot them as I did not see the WDFW sticker on the side of the boat as they were coming straight at us.... After I yell at them , they notify me they are just doing a survey as to where we launched from... I said Everett and continued to scream at the dumb SOB behind the wheel because he doesnt know anything about boating coming at another vessel like that..... All in all, frustrating day..... Rant over... 8-[

G-Man
Admiral

Re: Point no Point, salmon fishing 8/3

Post by G-Man » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 pm

The sheriff who patrols lake Washington in a Grady White pulled the same move on me, twice. I reported him as the loser never even apologized. Thinking about it now, I should have asked to see his boater's card!