Bank access marine area 10 Sinclair Inlet

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ShipwreckedDude
Petty Officer

Bank access marine area 10 Sinclair Inlet

Post by ShipwreckedDude » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:07 am

Anybody familiar with Sinclair inlet near Gorst? If so could you fill me in on where to fish from the shore (no boat yet).

elyhads
Angler

Re: Bank access marine area 10 Sinclair Inlet

Post by elyhads » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 am

You can fish along the highway near Gorst or right by the old nudie bar. The kings usually show up in August and September.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 am

I usually fish at the Naughty late. or Espressos Gone Wild. Isnt Gorst a mud pit at low tide?

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Gorst is definitely a mud pit at low tide. In theory (I've never seen it done nor tried it myself) you could park your car on the shoulder of Hwy 304, hop across the train tracks, and fish from the northern shore next to Bremerton. I've seen people park their cars there to watch the fireworks on The 4th. I've also seen people parked on Hwy 166 coming into port orchard and they've been fishing in Sinclair inlet. Maybe near the children's park right along bay street in Port Orchard?

ShipwreckedDude
Petty Officer

Post by ShipwreckedDude » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm new to the area and have been doing some scouting and someone told me Gorst was a good spot. Guess I'll keep looking.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:53 pm

No no no, gorst is a a great spot to fish. Incoming tide is HOT! And the kings there are huge most of the time. My buddy caught a 56lb out of there 2 years ago. Don't park right on the shoulder of the highway, its illegal theres a sign saying not to. Pull into the espresso gone wild park in that parking lot, theres a path that goes right next to the train tracks go down there, and hop on the beach. Lots of kings, I don't eat fish, but when I go there and catch fish, ive been skunked once since ive fished there, but my grandparents say they are a bit muddy. Throw buzzbombs, spinners, youll get them.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:40 pm

LIke fishbait said, still try it, just wear a good set of boots when you do

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 am

yah those fish can get big my buddy's brother got a 34lb hen last year. you park at the old toys topless parking lot and walk along the shore and spot schools coming only problem is the snagging, I have lived in Bremerton all my life and have been to gorst once just not my type of fishing but I do fish clear/barker/chico/steele creek mouths a lot and they will all have runs of salmon coming in from august through November. clear ck has a native king run and all of them have wild coho and chum runs and I bet there will pinks in a of them this year as well.