Long Beach shore Fishing?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bassmasterderek
Commander

Long Beach shore Fishing?

Post by bassmasterderek » Mon May 10, 2010 9:27 am

I am the bass nut that always fish for bass but I will be staying in Long Beach for a week here soon and was hoping to try some shore fishing. I am just curious what and where my options will be. What kind of fish can I target and special equipment needed. I know there is probably allot but just a simple plan would work. I can't spend a week's vacation without fishing lol.

steve.carn
Petty Officer

RE:Long Beach shore Fishing?

Post by steve.carn » Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Surfperch are plentiful, I've caught a few, but you have to be super careful about the current and riptides.

flyfisher31
Petty Officer

Post by flyfisher31 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:14 am

jeti fishing for rock fish and steelhead should be congreating around the bay around now
I didn't climb to the top of the food chain just to become a vegatarian!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 am

Or... head ten minutes south to Ilwaco and jump on a charter for a full or 1/2 day.. salmon.. bottom fish.. sturgeon.. tuna.. halibut..:-"
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm also going to that general area (Cannon Beach) in mid July. There's a few really good posts about surf fishing here that's helped me a bit.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... -area.aspx - has some links to 2 other threads.

What I'm wondering is, can I crab at Cannon beach? Anyone have experience there?