Chumming W/ Corn

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
eustace
Lieutenant

Chumming W/ Corn

Post by eustace » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I chum for Koks w/ a shoepeg corn-oatmeal mixture and I have been told that corn kills Koks, in that it binds there guts. Does any one out there know the truth. I am thinking it is not because it is allowed to use corn for bait and chum.
Well its not called Catching!

hewesfisher
Admiral

RE:Chumming W/ Corn

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 am

eustace wrote:I chum for Koks w/ a shoepeg corn-oatmeal mixture and I have been told that corn kills Koks, in that it binds there guts. Does any one out there know the truth. I am thinking it is not because it is allowed to use corn for bait and chum.
I know this has been discussed many times here on the forum, and I wouldn't worry about it. Fish eat plastic worms too, and they don't digest them either. I think the koks you chase are passing those corn kernels a whole lot easier than some bass trying to pass a big plastic bait. Just my opinion. :cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 pm

I agree, the corn breaks down and passes through. It does not kill them.

I have also seen trout with plastic grubs in the gut, and except for over sized guts, it did not kill them either (my fillet knife did - LOL).
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks guys, corn and a corn juice soaked oatmeal mixture I use seems to attract the Koks alot better than anyother conjoction I have tried. I feel alot better.

If I kill any fish better it's in my cooler!:bounce:
Well its not called Catching!