Pike in Washington

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
taytayz008
Angler

Pike in Washington

Post by taytayz008 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 am

I know there are Pike in the Pend Orielle, but are there any other places in Washington you can catch these guys?

MaxExp82
Petty Officer

RE:Pike in Washington

Post by MaxExp82 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 am

I believe Long Lake has some.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 am

The current state record, and 4 previous records, came out of Lake Spokane/Long Lake.

Spring fishing is when they are available, and its typically only fish over 10 lbs. Due to lake level fluctuations, there aren't really any places for them to safely and effectively reproduce. Thus we don't get hammer handles, but since they lack predators, we get big, old fish.

E

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

I was floating the Little Spokane River one time between the Indian Painting and the launch on the river when one swam under my pontoon boat. At first I thought it was a log........ until it moved8-[

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

There was a report of Pike caught between Rock and Bonny, but it might have just been a large Chain Pickerel.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Yeah, Long is your best bet other than the POR, but I know of three caught in Lake Roosevelt and a cousin of mine owns Jerrys landing on Eloika and he claims there are some in there along w/ Pickerel. And I have seen one at Pine Low Park on the Little Spokane near Wondermere GC.
Well its not called Catching!